(7) A Broken Heart

The next morning, Bucky woke up and saw Maxie beside him naked. Flashes of the night before filled his head. 

"Oh fuck me." He mouthed 

He quietly got up, and pulled on his clothes to sneak out. When he got to his room he quickly took a shower. While he was in the shower Maxie woke up, and she realized she was alone. 

"Bucky?" She whispered as she pulled on clothes. 

She went to her bathroom, and didn't see him. She went down to his room, and he was pacing the room when she walked in. 

"Buck?" She said 

"Maxie are you okay?" He said 

"Yeah, Im fine." She said as she went to kiss him. 

"No don't..last night was.." he said but she cut him off. 

"Was amazing.." she said 

"Maxie it was a mistake, we can't tell anyone that last night happened." He said 

"Did I do something wrong?" She said as tears filled her eyes. 

"Maxie Im 17 and you are 14.." he said 

"But I love you.." She said 

"Maxie you are 14 going into the 9th grade. You don't know anything about love. What happened last night stays here. We never speak of it again okay?" He said 

"You don't love me?" She said as a tear rolled down her cheek. 

"Maxie..Im sorry." He said as he went to wipe her tear but she pushed him away and walked out. She cried in the shower, she pulled herself together to go downstairs. 

"Hey Maxie honey we have donuts and coffee for breakfast." Sarah said 

"Im not hungry.." she said as she went out on the back porch. 

Maxie walked out on the beach, she slipped off her bracelet that had a bunch of hearts and their initials she tossed it into the ocean. Once they were on the plane and able to use electronics she had her airpods in. Bucky was seated a few rows up from her but he could still see her. 

He could see her wiping her face behind her sunglasses, he sent her a text "Maxie Im sorry please dont cry." 

She just deleted the text. 

Once they were back in Billings Montana, Sarah and James ordered mexican food which is Maxie's favorite. 

"Im not hungry mom." Maxie said 

"Maxie honey." Sarah said as Maxie went upstairs. 

Maxie cried herself to sleep while everyone else ate.