(31) He Escaped

1 month later,

Tyson and Maxie were leaving the therapy office as they walked towards Bucky's truck. 

"MAXIE! TYSON! HOW COULD YOU!" 

They turned to see Mason with a gun, "He escaped." She whispered 

Bucky jumped out of his truck, he tried to get them in the truck. But Mason fired off his first shot hitting Bucky in his arm. He groaned in pain a little but had been use to the feeling due to his deployment. 

"You both left me! Turned your back on me!" Mason said 

"Come on just get in the truck." Bucky said 

Mason fired off more shots, hitting Tyson's leg and stomach, and Maxie's stomach twice and leg and shoulder. 

Police pulled in on the last shot and they shot at Mason. Bucky and Tyson both were talking to Maxie. 

"Maxie hey stay with us.." Tyson said as he held her hand. 

Bucky had her face, "Maxie don't close your eyes baby okay. Just stay with us help is on the way." He said as tears welled. 

"It...hurts..." she said 

"I know it hurts but you need to stay awake." Bucky said as he looked at Tyson. 

"Ty you okay?" He said 

"I just feelin woosey.." Tyson said 

Two ambulances pulled in, and they immediately put Tyson and Maxie on strechers. They were rushed to the hospital. Bucky told the emts he could drive himself he was fine. When he arrived because his shot was a through and through they stiched him up. 

Their parents came rushing in, by then Bucky couldn't speak. James hugged him as Sarah and Winnie went to the nurse's station. 

"Tyson just came out of surgery he is in recovery Maxie is still in surgery." The nurse said as Steve and Jenni walked in.