Mafuyu

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates for a bit! I finished the school year so now I have a ton of time to write. Never have to see that school with it's lead filled undrinkable water and hole in the wall from a car that crashed into it again.

"Are you guys done with the sob fest?"

Mafuyu walks in and stares at An, "So she's dead, huh?"

Kanade nods. She looks upset at Mafuyu but brushes it aside, "What were you doing at the time of the murder?"

"Writing songs," she replies.

"And you didn't hear the announcement?"

"Oh, no. I heard it. Broke my concentration. Pretty annoying if you ask me," Mafuyu complains.

"Someone died and you're worried your concentration was broken?!" Kohane yells.

Mafuyu just nods.

"I see why Saki hates you so much..."

Mafuyu stares at Kanade, "Is that everything? Can I leave?"

"I guess," Kanade says clearly not satisfied with the answers.

Mafuyu just turns around and walks out. Jeez, what a waste of everyone's time.

"Well then, do you want to stay, Mizuki?" Rui asks me.

"No, I want to stay. I want to find An's killer," I reply with determination.

Rui smiles at me and turns to Kanade, "Now, tell me why I should believe you? In my opinion, the most suspicious person here is you. Why should I let a top suspect lead this investigation?"

"Ask Kohane. She'll back up my story," Kanade replies.

He turns to Kohane and asks politely, "What's your side of the story?"

"W-well, me and... An were practicing our singing and I had to use the bathroom since I hadn't since breakfast and when I came back... well... An was..." Kohane starts crying again.

Rui hugs her again, "Shh... take your time."

"She was... dead... covered in blood... I screamed at seeing it and then I tried to wake her up but... she... she wouldn't wake up! And, and I... I... Kanade walked in and I thought 'Kanade will surely help An get better!' but... the body discovery announcement played... and... and I knew she was gone..." Kohane cries.

Rui pats her back and looks up at Kanade, "Well your stories line up. I suppose you're off the hook for now. Don't think I'm letting you out of my sight, though. We can't have the blackened disposing of evidence, now can we?" Rui smiles.

Kanade shrugs, "Fair enough. It's my turn to question you. Did anything suspicious happen at the picnic?"

"Not that I can think of," I reply, "We were having a blast! Saki and Honami made the best sweets, and then suddenly the body discovery announcement came on and here we are."

Rui nods in agreement.

"Hm. This will be a difficult case. I guess we can start looking for clues," Kanade walks over to An's body and looks for her wound. "Her head is bleeding."

"Oh wait!" I say, "The Mikukuma file!"

"The victim, An Shiraishi, was found dead in her dorm room. Her body was discovered at 2:38pm and the estimated time of death is 2:30pm. The victim suffered blunt force trauma to the back of the head."

"She died the same way Ena did..." I trail off.

"And she was found almost immediately," Kanade adds.

"You know the gap between when she was killed and found incriminates you further, right?" Rui asks her.

Kanade sighs, "I'm aware. I know I'm the main suspect. Guess I'll just have to look harder for clues to prove myself innocent."

"Hiiiiii!"

"Emu!"