Not on Purpose

"Not on purpose..."

Everyone went silent. No one wants to speak. The members of wxs have nothing left to say, being satisfied they proved Tsukasa innocent. Minori and Haruka refuses to make eye contact with anyone. Saki looks as angry as someone possibly could be and her friends look concerned. Kanade is still looking down as she has been for the past while. Kohane just stares at Akito in disbelief. All that can be heard are Akito's sobs.

"Akito..." Kohane asks, tears forming in her eyes, "What happened?"

"I- She-" Akito cries, "I asked Shiho to secure a sandbag holding up the moon for me... b-but I let go too early, a-and Toya was standing underneath it, and then I started yelling at Shiho for not grabbing it and then I ended up pulling down the curtains and then..."

"Next thing I knew there were 2 dead bodies in front of me! I didn't know what to do! I ran away! I tried to calm myself down! I convinced myself I didn't do it! It wasn't me! But it was me! I did it! I KILLED THEM!" Akito yells in sheer despair, collapsing onto his podium and sobbing miserably.

"YOU KILLED SHIHO!" Saki yells at him "YOU TOOK MY FRIEND AWAY!"

"Saki enough!" Honami yells back, "He's been through enough!"

"NO HE HASN'T! HE KILLED SHIHO!" Saki counters.

"Saki! I'm upset too! But he's sorry! Leave him alone!" Honami shouts at her.

Saki finally shuts up and opts to just glare instead.

The podiums open up once again and the tablet underneath flickers on. "It's... VOTING TIME! Go ahead, choose who you think the killer is!" Mikukuma sings.

Everyone picks who they believe killed Shiho and Toya. Kohane hesitates before finally pressing the button.

Soon there's a TV screen displaying a unanimous vote for Akito.

"It looks like all of you were right! It was Akito after all!" Mikukuma announces.

Akito finally looks up and looks at Mikukuma, "Mikukuma... just do it already."

"Already? Wouldn't you rather wallow in your despair a little longer?" She asks.

"My sister's dead, then it was An, then Toya and Shiho died by my own hands. Isn't that enough despair for you?"

"That is true! You have provided quite a bit of despair for me, Akito! I suppose I can make an exception. Any last words for your friends, Akito?" Miku asks him happily.

Akito takes a deep breath to try to calm himself down, "I'll take a page from Airi's book. Saki, you're very much in the place I was when Ena died so... just know I'm really sorry. You have every right to be mad at me and I would be too. So, just promise me you'll push through this and keep going for Shiho, okay?"

Saki just looks away from him.

"Same goes for you, Kohane," Akito turns to Kohane. She looks at him surprised.

"Don't let my death get you down. I know you can make it out alive. Survive for me, for Toya, and for An," Akito tells her,

Kohane hesitates on her answer before replying, "I will." Kohane's smile looks forced, like she doesn't believe her own words.

Akito frowns at her hesitation before opting for a smile, "Good."

"Well then... let's get started. I have a special punishment prepared for the Ultimate Beatboxer, Akito Shinonome!" Mikukuma cheers.

"Akito looks at Mikukuma then back at Kohane, giving her his best reassuring smile.

"Let's give it everything we've got! It's... PUNISHMENT TIME!!!"

A/N: Hey, did I make you cry? Tbh there were tears forming in my eyes while writing this. Anyway, I know this chapter was a little short but I want the execution to be it's own chapter. Does anyone have some suggestions? I have a general idea of what the execution will be but it was really fun reading the ideas from last time and I think hearing them could help spice it up a bit. So throw them at me!