Not Prepared

"Alright! It's time for what you've all been waiting for- the class trial!" Mikukuma came over the speakers, "Please follow the music to the assembly point! You'll know it when you see it! From there, you'll be escorted to a delightful class trial! Hehehe! See you all there!"

HUH? WHAT? WHO?

"You're awake!"

As my vision cleared I found myself in a dimly lighted room. There were lots of computers and records lined the walls. I could only assume it was Kanade's room, as supported by Kanade herself sitting at the foot of the bed I was lying in.

"How did I get here?"

"You cried yourself to sleep."

Ah.

"And you watched the whole thing, didn't you?"

Kanade nodded.

Welp. Time to go back to sleep and never wake up again.

"What were you doing before the murder?"

The question caught me off guard. Did Kanade think I did it?

"Uhh. I was... I was helping Saki do her hair in the storage room from 2 to 3. Before that I was lying around in my room."

Kanade nodded. "We have to go. The trial's starting," Kanade informed me.

"WHAT??" I yelled, "BUT I NEVER INVESTIGATED-"

"Rui, Emu, and Nene did lots of investigating. It'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

Kanade nodded.

I sighed. "Okay, okay. Going into this trial with no information on what happened. Sounds great."

Kanade just nodded again and got up, signaling for me to follow her.

When we got there, the other 12 were already there. Only Ichika, Saki, Honami, Minori, Haruka, Kohane, Emu, Nene, Rui, Mafuyu, Kande, and myself were still alive. It was hard to walk into that elevator knowing that when we came out, at least 1 of my close friends wouldn't be coming with us. The worst part was that, this time, I had absolutely no idea who it was.

When we reached the bottom, I took my place between An's X'ed out face and Kanade as always. Akito and Tsukasa's images had been added.

"Welllll then! Let the class trial begin!" Mikukuma says excitedly!

I'm tired of hearing those words.

"Why don't we begin with a basic explanation of the class trial!" Mikukuma started, "During the trial, you'll present your arguments for who the culprit is, and vote for 'whodunnit'. Vote correctly, and only the blackened will be punished. But if you pick the wrong person... I'll punish everyone *besides* the blackened, and that person will graduate from the academy! Also, refusing to vote will result in your death, so you better vote for someone!"

"Now, let's get this crazy, awesome, crazy-awesome trial underway!"

I noticed a few people looking at me and Kanade expectantly. I chose not to say anything. I felt like I was letting them down not having done any investigating.

Nene was the first to speak up. "Why don't we start with what we all know... which isn't much."

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"I mean the Mikukuma file! Did you not notice that half of the usual information we're given is gone?"

"It is?"