Accusations

A/N: Sorry! I deleted and reuploaded this part because despite giving this part a title, Wattpad listed it as Untitled and then wouldn't let me edit. I hate Wattpad sometimes.

"Why don't we begin with a basic explanation of the class trial!" Mikukuma starts, "During the trial, you'll present your arguments for who the culprit is, and vote for 'whodunnit'. Vote correctly, and only the blackened will be punished. But if you pick the wrong person... I'll punish everyone *besides* the blackened, and that person will graduate from the academy! Also, refusing to vote will result in your death, so you better vote for someone!"

Do we really need another reminder? I doubt any of us could forget what's at stake here.

"Now, let's get this crazy, awesome, crazy-awesome trial underway!"

"I bet it was Honami," Everyone turns their heads toward Mafuyu, surprised at her bold accusation.

"And why would you think that?" Shiho counters.

I swear, it's almost like Mafuyu is trying to stir up trouble.

"Well, she started that picnic, did she not?" Mafuyu states.

"She was trying to cheer us all up! There is no way anyone could have known this would happen!" Shiho defends.

"No one but the killer. I bet this was a way to get all of you out of the way for an easy kill."

"Guys!" Ichika interjects, "I think we can clear this all up."

"Right!" Saki shouts, "I've been with Honami since last night so there is no way any sort of elaborate traps could have been set up!"

"Yeah! And I was with An until 1:30 and Kohane was with An until 2:30 so there is no way Honami could have killed An before then! Then we were all together at the picnic from 2 to 2:30! Ask anyone there! Honami never left!" I add.

Mafuyu gives her a blank stare, "Good job. I suppose I have no option but to believe you. Honami did not do it."

Honami lets out a breath she was holding.

Haruka speaks up, "Well if you were all at the picnic, doesn't that mean it should be someone who wasn't there?"

"That would be Kohane, Kanade, Toya, Akito, and Mafuyu, right?" Minori adds.

I nod, "It's true that they are our top suspects. I'd like them to explain themselves."

Maybe I missed something in their explanations the first time. I'd like everyone to hear their excuses.

"I- I would never kill An!" Kohane starts to tear up, "She was my best friend! I couldn't do that to her!"

"I agree," Kanade adds, "She couldn't have done it."

"Just because she was her best friend?" Nene asks, "I thought we learned from Airi that that means nothing here."

"No, not because of that. Because of the body discovery announcement. The body discovery announcement went off both Kohane and I saw it. Neither of us could be the killer."

"And how do we no one else saw it first?" Shizuku asks.

"Well, Akito and Toya were together the entire time, right?" Kanade looks at them for confirmation.

"Oh, yeah. We were." Akito confirms. Toya nods.

"So, if they saw the body first, the announcement would have gone off. If one of them killed An and the other is covering for him, it would have gone off when Kohane found her."

"Well that clears Akito and Toya's name," Tsukasa points out, "But what about Mafuyu? What if she saw it first?"

"I didn't."

"You gonna elaborate on that?" Tsukasa asks her.

"No."

"..."

"Uhm... well... I guess it's down to Kohane, Kanade, and Mafuyu until we can get any proof Mafuyu wasn't there," Shizuku states.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"If I explain myself can we get out of here more quickly?" Mafuyu asks.

"Yes, Mafuyu, that would make this go more quickly," I tell her.

Mafuyu sighs, "Fine. I was composing the entire time," She pulls out a stack of paper with music written out.

"WHERE DID THAT COME FROM-" Akito screams.

"Shh. Don't question it. Anyway, yeah, I was composing. If I had taken the time to murder someone that most definitely would have broken my focus."

"Yeah, you think so?" I ask sarcastically.

"I can produce a lot of music when I'm focused. There wouldn't be this much if I was preoccupied," Mafuyu finishes her explanation.

"I'm not sure if I think that's solid enough proof," Saki tells her.

"I honestly couldn't care less if you believe me," Mafuyu tells her.

"Well, let's assume Mafuyu is telling the truth," Kanade starts, "That means that it was someone from the picnic. Did anyone leave? Anyone? At any time?"

Hm... Did anyone leave?

WAIT!