Tsukasa's Room

A/N: Hey everyone! I finally managed to get this chapter out! I've been a little stressed ever since school started up again but I got a 5 day weekend this week due to the second car running into school related incident this year which ended up allowing me to relax a little and my motivation to start returning. So here you go! 

"So, to Tsukasa's room?" I ask.

Kanade nods.

"Okay then."

We make our way over to Tsukasa's room with Kanade's amazing sense of direction. I hesitate before finally knocking on the door.

Nene's head pops out of the door, "What do you want?" She says coldly.

"Ah, well we wanted to check on how Tsukasa is doing," I tell her.

"And?" She asks fishing for more.

"And maybe... ask him a question... or a few questions," I admit.

She narrows her eyes at me and turns to look at the other two standing next to me before hesitantly letting us in.

Inside I'm greeted by blinding colors and many many props with sparkling accents. Tsukasa is sitting on a bright orange bed while holding a large star plushie in his arms. Emu is hugging him from behind and Rui sits next to them with a concerned look on his face.

Nene walks over to stand next to them, "Mizuki is here. They want to ask Tsukasa some questions," Nene informs them.

Rui looks up at us, gets up and starts walking toward us. Nene takes his spot next to Tsukasa on the bed.

"Yes?" He asks.

"Um well, I guess we want to know what Tsukasa was doing when the murder happened," I tell him.

He narrows his eyes at me, "Why, may I ask?"

"Well, he wasn't in the gym when the murder happened so I want to know why he wasn't there."

He lets his expression relax a little as he realizes we're trying to defend Tsukasa, not accuse him.

"Of course. You may ask him," Rui finally lets us through toward Tsukasa.

"Tsukasa," Rui taps one of his shoulders to get his attention, "Would you mind answering a question for us?"

Tsukasa lifts his tear stained face from his pillow to look at Rui, "But, but I already told you what happened..."

"Yes, you did. However, we have visitors who would prefer to hear it from your mouth."

Tsukasa shifts his gaze to me, Kanade, and Kohane. "Ah, well... what do you want to know?"

I take a deep breath. No beating around the bush. Just ask him, "We want to know why you weren't in the gym at the time of the murder."

Tsukasa starts to tear up again at the mention of the murder, "I- I was in the kitchen... I got hungry." He starts sobbing at that point. Emu tightens her hug.

"Hey, it's okay. It wasn't your fault." Nene comforts him.

"Would you mind leaving?" Rui asks, "I think he'll calm down better if it were only us."

"Ah, okay," I comply, "Thank you ,Rui, for letting us talk to him."

Rui gives us a quick smile before turning toward Tsukasa again.

I lead Kanade and Kohane out of the room and shut the door behind us.

"You guys didn't even say anything! You left me on my own there! Do you know how scary Rui is when he wants to be!" I complain as soon as the door is shut.

"Sorry! I mean, you know Rui the best so I just thought you could handle it..." Kohane squeaks.

Kanade starts walking down the hall, to where? I have no idea. We just end up following her.

"So Tsukasa went to the kitchen because he was hungry?" Kanade confirms.

"Yeah, that's what he said. I wish we could've gotten more information before he broke down but that isn't really something we can control," I add.

We walk for a little bit in silence, "Hey where are we going anyway?" I ask Kanade.

"Nowhere in particular. You were just complaining about how scary Rui is right outside his door where he could probably still hear you. So, I figured I'd get out of there."

"Oh my god, you're right! You really think he heard us!" I ask slowly dying inside.

"Maybe," Kanade says.

"Ugh I'm so embarrassed," I cover my face with my hands.

Kohane laughs at the sight, "I don't think Kamishiro cares. If anything I feel like he might take that as a complement."

"It's still embarrassing that he heard it, though!"

*Ding Dong Bing Bong*

"Alright! It's time for what you've all been waiting for- the class trial!" For the third time Mikukuma comes over those speakers with those horrid words, "Please follow the music to the assembly point! You'll know it when you see it! From there, you'll be escorted to a delightful class trial! Hehehe! See you all there!"