CHAPTER 13

Sandro's POV:

"Simon? What are you doing here eating kwek-kwek with Hiraya?" I asked him habang si Hiraya umorder na naman ng kwek-kwek.

"I--uh..." He stuttering.

"What... answer me?" Hinawakan ko naman ang braso niya.

Kahit matangkad pa sa akin 'to, ako pa din ang kuya.

"Um... she invited me. And it would be rude to decline... since she already pulled me in here." He answered habang kinakamot ang batok niya.

"Hi.. kwek-kwek pa?" Hiraya interrupted us.

"Umm.. no thank you.. I already ate." I declined.

"Sayang naman... umorder ako ng tatlo oh.. tig-isa tayo." She was pouting.

"I'll eat." Simon said and was about to take two cups of the kwek-kwek.

Hiraya smiled at him and for the first time ngumiti din si Simon sa harap ng isang babae.

"No.. I'll eat it." Agad ko naman kinuha yung isang cup which made them both startled.

"Oh.. akala ko ba ayaw mo?" Hiraya asked innocently.

Simon looked at me like knowing what inside my head.

"I-I just.." Hindi ko naman alam ang isasagot ko.

Ngumiti lang sa akin si Hiraya.

"Tara... doon tayo sa stall ko." She invited us and naunang naglakad.

"What is up to you?" I whispered to Simon.

"Nothing..." Sinubukan niya naman mag-deny.

"Anong nothing ka dyan? You don't like smiling at other girls. And here you are smiling and eating kwek-kwek with Hiraya."

I told him.

"Well...there is nothing wrong naman di ba, with eating together with her?"

"I mean.. she's different." He said smiling habang nakatingin kay Hiraya na nag-aabot na naman ng pera at ng kwek-kwek sa isang pulubi na matanda.

Ugh..

She is different.

"Besides you two are just friends, right?" He asked me then continued walking.

Natigilan naman ako.

Does..

He...

Like...

Hiraya?

I asked myself.

Why am I bothered this much?

I mean.. I like her... but not 'like like her'.

Ugh.

Nakaka-stress si Hiraya.

I looked at them at nag-abot din si Simon sa matandang pulubi.

They looked at each other.

Smiling.

And then I felt something painful in my chest.

Parang nasusuka din ako.

"Sandro... okay ka lang ba? " Hinawakan naman ako ni Hiraya sa braso and looked into my eyes.

She has this golden specks on her brown eyes.

"Yeah.. medyo nahihilo lang." I said.

"Nilapitan din ako ni Simon to check on me.

"Bro.. are you okay? Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" He asked.

I nodded no.

Bigla naman tumunog yung cellphone ko.

"It's mom." I said then answered it.

"Hello, mom?"

"Yeah.. yeah.. I'm coming..."

"Yeah.. Simon is with me... pabalik na kami dyan." I said.

"Simon we need to go back to the airport na. Pops is looking for us." I told him and he nodded.

"Hiraya..." I said.

She looked at me then her kinky curly hair was waving across her face in a slow motion.

"I—" I was about to tell him something when I realized Simon was standing beside us.

I looked at him and hindi niya pa rin nage-gets na I need to have a minute alone with Hiraya.

He gave me this blank expression.

I faked coughing.

"Simon...can I have a moment with Hiraya? May sasabihin lang ako." I said.

His face was hesistant pero huminga lang siya ng malalim then nodded yes.

"Hiraya... I'll go ahead. I'll see you when I get a chance to visit here again." He told her.

I'll see you ka dyan.

"You know where to find me." She answered then waved goobye to him.

Medyo nakakaramdan na ako ng hindi maganda sa conversation nila ah.

"Hiraya... I'll be leaving for London today..." I said.

"Oo nga eh.. sabi ng kapatid mo."

"Kailan ka ba babalik?" She asked.

"Maybe on christmas break na. I promise pupuntahan agad kita." I told her.

She slowly took my hand then gave me the sweetest smile.

"I'll be here... waiting." She answered.

Natameme naman ako sa kanya.

"I like you, Hiraya." I uttered.