Chapter 14: A little town trip

First person POV: Levi

Nile insulting (Y/n) like he did, it did not only hit her, it hit me as well. A slut that all the Underground women are. He did not realize that but it hit way too close to home. My mother... that's who I thought about as he insulted and cursed (Y/n) out. But soon as (Y/n) went to climb over that railing, I knew if I didn't stop her now, no one would be able to stop her from killing Nile in that damned court room. Walls damn me but I was seriously tempted to let her do it but at what cost? Her going to jail? Getting executed? Not worth the cost.

"Eren Jaeger will be placed in the care of the Survey Corps," Zackary announces after I've beat the shit out of the kid. That's all I need to know. That's all that matters. He says something else but I've already blocked it out.

We all leave the room eventually with Hange and Mike joining us. Eren walks between me and Mike, Erwin at the front, Hange and (Y/n) in the back. Hange trying to talk to (Y/n) but to no avail, (Y/n)'s not responding to any of the things Hange says.

"Quit rambling Hange. You saw what happened, let her think for a while, will you?" I call over my shoulder for Hange. Why? Maybe I feel bad for (Y/n)? I don't know. Hange doesn't reply but does quiet down. Glancing over my shoulder at (Y/n), she offers me a small smile, an actual smile of gratitude. My heart skips a beat, and I look away.

***

"This was really terrible. It hurts right," Hange asks Eren as he sits on the couch in the small room and they clean his wounds. Wounds, what I gave him, but they were necessary. I lean against a wall a bit further away, hands crossed over my chest and watch them. (Y/n), sitting on a chair, by some old desk, seems not to be paying attention. Still succumbed into herself she just stares out of the window. Or at least that way, I have honestly no idea how much she can see from under the hood.

"A little," the boy replies to Hange, dragging me from my thoughts and brings my gaze back from where it had drifted to (Y/n).

"So, how does it hurt," Hange asks immediately, being a creep like they are. Eren's face falls to a bit of shock at the question, but before he can reply, Erwin steps in, saying, "I'm sorry. But thanks to that, we had you turned over to us."

"Yes, sir," Eren says when Erwin stops before him.

"The pain you endured allowed me to play our cards at the right moment," Erwin says and crouches down in from of the couch, "You have my respect," he says and offers the boy his hand to shake. "Eren, I look forward to working with you." Eren makes a bit surprised noise but answers, taking Erwin's hand and shaking it; "Yes sir! Thank you!"

As they shake hands, I push off the wall and head for the couch as well. As I sit, I hear Eren letting out a scared gasp. Not paying any attention to that, I cross my right knee over my left as say, "Hey, Eren." Kind of a greeting, I suppose.

"Yes, sir?" the kid replies, still a bit scared.

"Do you resent me?" I ask, looking at him a bit more now. Why am I doing this? I again have no fucking clue but I guess I do feel a bit bad for having to beat his ass in front of tens of people.

"N-No, I understand why it was necessary," he stutters. He does look a bit sad but at least he ain't acting like the psycho I saw in that cell.

"That's good," I mutter back.

"But you took it a little far," I hear Hange's voice, "You lost a tooth," they say to Eren. I watch them unwrap a tooth, they probably picked it up after the trial.