Chapter 22

EDITED

Ashton's p.o.v 

Oh how I love Fridays. Game days are my favorite days. This week we're traveling. I like when we travel because then I can just chill, on the bus with the guys. We're all close but not as close as we were. I'm not sure why though. I miss the crazy talks, and the cuddles with Jake. This past week has been with a lot of the guys ignoring me. Maybe they're on there periods. We park at the school we're playing at and I go to the locker room getting stopped by a few guys. "Hey lets make a bet," The tall one said. I lookup and motion for him to continue. "IF we win, you go on a date with one of us our choice. If you win, you can pick one us to go out with," The tall one said. I look at him and said "You're on." I walk into the locker room as the guys reach the other boys. I get dressed and head out to the field. "Ashton what's going with on the team? Everyone's noticed that you guys aren't so close?" The coach says. "I'm not sure coach, the guys all week have been ignoring me," I reply. "That's weird," Coach says rubbing his beard. "Gentleman here now," Coach yells. The guys come over. "Why have you guys been distant to Ashton?" Coach yells. They look down and don't say nothing. "I asked a damn question," He yells. "We don't want her on the team no more," Luke says looking up. Coach looks pissed. "And why is that?" He asks. "We're tired of getting picked on for having a girl on the team," Josh D says. Great all the guys I trusted turned their backs on me. "Don't worry I'll finish this game and I'm off the team," I reply going to warn up. I hear the coach tell the boys the same thing. The opposite team coach came up to me and said "I over heard what them boys said bout you being on the team. I'm here to offer you a place on my team, starting and you can stay at your school." I look at him shocked and say "I'll think about it, I'll let you know after the game." Then the three boys from before the game came up. "Hey girl we're gonna win," The tall one said. I smirked and went to my team. "What telling them our play?" Luke growls. "Actually no, the coach offered me a spot on the team," I say. They all look shocked. "It's hard to get in to that school let alone play on the football team," Jake whispers. "Yeah I know. I was offered to stay at this school and play for them," I say. They look at me just as the whistle to get the captions to the middle for the coin toss. Luke and I went up against the two boys that made the bet with me. "Hey pretty thing, you ready to loose the bet?" He asks. The referee tosses the coin toss. The other team won the coin toss up. They kicked off and the game starts. It felt like team wasn't giving there all tonight, and it pisses me off. I want to be with a team that is serious. I made my decision. I'm going to work with the other team. This team is a joke.