Chapter 33

edited 

Josh's p.o.v

  It was two weeks before homecoming and I didn't have a date. I didn't know who to ask. But then my brother came in "Hey how bout you ask Ashton to homecoming?" "Yeah that's a good idea. Cause we play her that Friday and the dance is Saturday," I say.  I look through my contacts and hit the name I needed. I call him. "Hey Josh whats up?" He asks. "Hey Jake are you busy right now?" I ask. "Uh kinda. I'm on a date," He says. "Well after come to my house I need your help on something," I say. "Are you okay bud?" He asks. "Yeah it's about Ashton," I say. "Wait Ashton as in Ashton on my brothers football team?" I hear a girl asks. "Yes that Ashton, Chanelle," Jake tells her. "Yeah man I'll be over soon, can I bring Chanelle she wants to come," He asks. "Yeah come on over guys," I tell them hanging up. I start to clean up a bit. 

 20 minutes later***

   There was a knock on my door and I opened it seeing Jake and his date. "Thanks mate," I say letting them come in. "No problem," He says walking into my living room. "Okay so you know how there's two weeks left until  Homecoming?" I ask. I see him nod. "I want to ask Ashton, but I need help on a idea," I tell them.  Chanelle looks at me and smirks. "Well your both football players so have some of the guys spell out yes or no and throw her a football saying will you go to homecoming with me," She says.  I look her and nod. "Jake your turn," I say. "Well her idea but have the entire team with the entire thing spelled out with you hold a football at the end with your jersey," He says. "I like Jake's idea better, but Chanelle can you get her there?" I ask. "When?" She asks. "Uhh Monday after practice, I need to get the guys to go along with it," I say. 

Chanelle's p.o,v

 Oh my Gosh! Josh and Ashton would be so cute together. I wonder if Jake would ask me to his homecoming? "Love I think I better be getting you home," Jake says. He's so cute. I follow him out to his car as he drives me home. "Can we hang out tomorrow?" He asks. "I can't we have a football game so I gotta cheer," I say pouting. He looks upset. "How bout you come to the game and we can get ice cream afterwards," I say smiling. I see his smile return to his face. "Sure I'd love too," He says. He pulls into my drive way and I get out. I walk inside and go up to my brother. "David I need your help," I say. "Whats up little sis?" He asks turning towards me. "Okay so one of the guys on Ashton's old team is going to ask her to homecoming on Monday after practice is there anyway you guys can shorten it so we can get there before dark?" I ask with a puppy dog face. He sighs and says "Sure little sis. She can leave five minutes early." In case your wondering David is the assistant coach.  

Jake's p.o.v 

I get a text from Josh. 

   Josh#21: Will you be the last one in the line and stand next to me?

To: Josh#21: Sure man. Whose all helping out?

Josh#21: You, Austin, Cole, Jordan, Josh D, Ben, Reid, Logan. 

To Josh#21: Sweet. I'll bring the ball you can give to her.

Josh#21: Thanks man I appreciate it!

I sigh and hop into bed. I send a text to Chanelle. 

Chanelle<3: Hey beautiful! I had a good time tonight<3

I lock my phone and set it next to my bed. After a few minutes it vibrates.

Chanelle<3: Me too! I can't wait to do it again

I think I really like her. I sigh and go to bed.