Chapter 17

EDITED

Ashton's p.o.v*

They missed the field goal so it was our ball now. It was game time. I was ready. I had went to the gym because of the fight tomorrow. "Ashton second quarter I'm taking you out for Luke. You'll go back in third," Coach yells. I nod and run out with the team on to the field. We huddle up. "Red, blue 22," I tell them. I see the guys look at me and nod. We get into formation. "Red, Blue 22 hike!" I yell. I get the ball into my fingers and look for Jake running to our field goal. I throw the ball to him just as I get tackled. What the heck why wasn't I covered? I stand up and see why. Josh was tackled and he was moving. I pushed the guy off of Josh and felt for a pulse. There was none. "HE DON'T HAVE A PULSE," I yell. The medical team starts to run over. I get on a knee and watch. The stadium was dead silence. I look straight at the guy that tackled him he was crying? They get Josh off of the field and we go to a huddle back with coaches. "Coach I'm saying something," I say. He nods. "I don't care how tired you get or mad. We will play clean and win for Josh," I say sternly. I didn't even notice that there were scouts here. We break and go back to field. "Green, 32, hike," I yell. I get the ball and hand it off to Austin and take down towards the end goal. I get tackled and hear the crowd go wild knowing Austin got us a touchdown.

**After the game**

After the game I was suppose to go home and rest for the fight but instead I went to the hospitial first. I see his girlfriend. "Hey girly," I say sitting next to her. His parents saw me and stood up. His dad spoke up "Did you win?" I nod and reply "Yes sir. I made sure it was a clean game even though the team was mad. How is he?" "They got him in ICU. His brother is visiting him right now. He's in a coma," His mom tells me crying. I stand up and hug her even though I was sweaty she still hugged me back. His brother comes back. "They said one more vistor," He tells us. "Ashton you go," His dad says. I follow the nurse to the room. He layed there in the bed lifeless almost. I gulp and walk in. "Hey man I just want you to know the win tonight was for you. A couple of guys even cried after the game becuase we didn't know how you were. I hope you wake up soon. Not only does the team need you, but your family and friends miss you already," I say to him starting to cry. I walk out of the room and hug his family and girlfriend one more time. I walk to my car and drive home.

*Josh's*

"Hey man I just want you to know the win tonight was for you. A couple of guys even cried after the game becuase we didn't know how you were. I hope you wake up soon. Not only does the team need you, but your family and friends miss you already," Ashton says. I felt something cold hit my hand. I hear the door shut and I tried to open my eyes. Nothing. I gotta keep trying.

********The next day Ashton's***************

*beep* *beep* My alarm keeps going. I get up and shut it off. I hop in the shower and get dressed to head the gym. I grab a water bottle and head out the door. To find all the guys there. "Whats up?" I ask. "We wanna come and watch," They said. I nod and tell them "Follow me." I hop in my car and drive to the gym. I get out of the car lock it and hand the guys my card. "You can get in for free if you walk in with me," I say walking to the door with them folllowing. I walk into the locker room to get changed. I go out to the mat and get ready. I see ______ come in and I run to him giving him a hug and a quick kiss before getting ready for the match. I get into my spot and listen tp the ref talk before he tells us when can start the fight. My oppentent comes up. He's a bit bigger than me. But I can take him. The fight starts. He comes at me with a left hook. I easily dodge. I go at him with a sliding horse kick. He goes down with a thud. He gets back up and kicks me in the side. I look at him with rage. I go with a upper right hand punch. He goes down with thud and doesn't come back up. I won my first match. I get to move on.