Chapter 24

EDITED                                  Still Jake's p.o.v

 After the freshman said that the coach smirked and said, "You guys are the ones that told her to quit! So where is she now? Working with one of the best football teams in the country. Why? Because she's one of the best people to play football in this county! She can go pro." We all put our heads down. We messed up big time.  Now I bet when she comes here Monday she wont talk to us.  "Everyone but the varsity team can go,"  Coach yells.  We all looked at each other and had the same facial expression.  We were in deep shit. He didn't do anything at the game last night.  "I am very disappointed in you," Coach says. We bow our heads down.  "She became friends with all of you. Now you guys lost a good team mate and a friend. I don't think if I was her I would forgive you," He said. 

             ***Ashton's p.O.V*

Practice was finally over and I was heading back to my house. I am so sore. "Hey Ashton," The QB Carter yells. "What's up?" I ask. "Well a group of us are heading out to the beach tonight. You wanna join?" He asks me. "Yeah. I'd like that. Follow me home, and we can go together," I say getting in my car. I see him getting in his and we head out to my house. I wonder if the guys are going to the lake. I really miss them. Mostly Jake. We pull into my driveway and we both get out. "Hey let me go grab some stuff and we can head out," I tell him.  I run into the house and grab my bikini and a change of clothes. I go back out and see Carter leaning against his car. "Ready to go?" He asks. I see Jake and Luke down the street looking at us. I sigh and we get in the car. "You know they're idiots," Carter said. "We were all so close," I tell him. We drive past Jake and Luke and they stare at the car.  We were going to the beach not to far from my house. Carter and I just sat there making jokes the whole way there. We pulled in and saw the rest of the team. "Ashton," the guys yell. "What's up?" I say walking over to them. "These are some of the guys' girlfriends," Carter said. "Can you guys tell me where I can put on my bikini?" I ask. The girls grab my hands and pull away. "Hi I'm Julie," The blonde one said. "Hi," I respond. "So you like football?" she asks. "Yeah. My older brother played," I tell her. She nods and points to room. "You can change in there. I'll wait for you,"  She says. "Thanks," I say. I walk in an put on Bikini and come out. "Damn girl you look hot," Julie said. I blushed and said "Thanks girl but look at you." We laugh. We walk back down to everyone. "We knew you were hot cause you play football but damn girl," Carter said.  I blush and hid my face. All the girlfriends look at me as well. "I'm going to get a drink," I say walking to a cooler. I'm going to enjoy tonight. I grab a soda and walk  down to the water.  I sit on the edge and drink my soda. I hear someone come up behind me. "What's wrong?" Carter asked. "Just thinking," I said. "You miss them," He guessed. I nod and reply "Yeah mostly Jake though. He was my best friend, and he stabbed me in my back." He nods and says "Well how bout  I take your mind off them?"  He picks me up throws me over his shoulder and runs into the water. "NO Carter!" I yell. I see everyone laughing and Carter throws into the water.