CHAPTER 17

-- LUKE --

"Thanks for meeting with me, Ash." I pulled the chair so Ashi can sit down.

She looks stunning with her wite maxi dress.

Inaya ko siya mag dinner dito sa Wolfgang Steakhouse so we could catch up.

The last time I saw her is during the burial of her mother about four years ago.

"Anything for you." She flashed her beautiful smile.

"Kamusta ang buhay sa America?" She asked me.

"It's boring." I laughed as I answered. "People live there to work. Walang thrill. You'd wake up early, go home tired and the cycle goes on."

"Buti na lang hindi ako sumama sa'yo." Ashi chuckled.

Ashi's supposed to come with me to America. We're supposed to study high school and college there. We even planned to work there together.

Ashi wanted to be an accountant while I wanted to become a CEO. Our plans changed when she decided to study in Manila instead. Dapat susunod siya noong college but she chose conservatory at masaya na siya ngayon sa pagbabanda.

I'm happy for her.

"Kamusta na ang CEO ko?" She asked again.

"I'm not yet the CEO. Hindi pa rin pinapasa ni dad sa'kin ang company." I reminded her.

"But you'll get there!"

After a bit of catching up, our food arrived. We ordered steak and salad for our dinner today.

"How's your steak?" I asked because she was struggling.

"Medyo matigas." She answered.

I sliced my steak before I exchanged it with her plate.

"Kain ka na, Ash." I told her.

"Thank you." She smiled at me.

After eating, naglakad kami sa may bay side. I noticed Ashi getting cold so I removed my coat and placed it on her.

We sat down there as we stared at the waters. No one was talking, I didn't know why. Hindi naman kami nauubusan ng topic before.

"How are you and Magui?" I asked to break our silence.

I saw her eyes widen.

"You know?" She asked with shock.

"Know, what?" I asked, confused.

"Nevermind." She shooked her head. "We're fine, I guess. We're still both trying to heal."

I nodded because I didn't know how to respond.

I remember how broken Ashi was when she thought that Magui cheated on her. When I first find out about it, I couldn't believe that Magui can do such a thing.

Magui loved Ashi so much that she did everything Ashi was hoping for. She danced with her in the rain, camped on the beach with her, and even helped Ashi make her own birthday cake.

They even had dogs together.

Magui was filled with uncertainty but she found certainness when she met Ashi. That's why it was so hard to believe that Magui cheated on her.

"Ang sakit sakit pa rin, Luke." Ashi suddenly cried so I comforted her. "Four years have passed since our break up. Akala ko kaya ko na. Hindi pa rin pala. When I saw Magui again, it felt like my whole world came falling apart."