CHAPTER 32

-- ASHI --

"Kahit na marami pang dinadala
Nandito lang ako sa 'yong tabi
Hanggang sa huli, pupunasan ang mga luha natin
At haharapin ano man ang mangyari sa 'tin"

"Kahit na, kahit pa
Kahit na, magmamahal
Kahit na, kahit pa
Kahit na..."

"It's a wrap! Congratulations, 12 AM! That was a really good take, Ashi." Our producer greeted us. "Kayo talaga ang favorite ko because you make my life so much easier."

"Thank you po!" We all responded simultaneously and laughed about it.

We were already packing our stuff when Stella suddenly sat in front of me.

"Gusto mo magaudition?" She asked me.

My brows furrowed, "audition saan?"

"To be Magui's leading lady." She said which made me stop what I was doing.

I looked at her and she was giving me a teasing smile.

"Nako tigilan mo ko, Stella ah. Ikaw rin nagpumilit sa'kin magaudition sa banda dati." I went back to packing my things.

"But look where it got you, Ash! Naging successful artist ka na nga, nagkajowa ka pa!" She continued to tease me.

"Break na kami." I reminded her.

"Sige na, Ashi! Wala namang mawawala kung hindi ka tanggapin." She continued to convince me to join the audition. "Malay mo magkabalikan pa kayo!"

"Fine. Kailan ba 'yan?" I asked her as I picked my bag.

I started to walk towards the exit.

"Now na!" She happily said before pulling me to the other studio which was across from where we are now.

I saw a lot of girls in the line, hoping to be Magui's leading lady.

"Uwi na tayo, Stel." I started to hesitate when I saw how many people are waiting for their turn.

"Ngayon ka pa nahiya, eh walang hiya ka! Mas magaganda ka pa sa mga 'yan!" Stella told me as we went pass the long line.

Stella talked to someone from the inside. They gave me a number before I went to the back of the line. Stella waited with me as the other girls passed by.

"Ashi mayaman ka na, hindi mo na kailangan ng raket!" Malia told me when she saw the big number sticked on my chest.

"She's not auditing for money, babe." Gia told her. "She's auditioning to be Magui's girlfriend."

My eyes widened as I immediately covered Gia's mouth.

"Stop teasing!" Jenna scolded us since she was the band leader. "We're not in high school. We're known artists, baka maissue si Ashi." She gathered us all together so no one would hear us.

"Galingan mo, Ashi ah?" Savannah winked at me. "Win back Magui Feola's love!"

I know the girls were teasing me while they were walking away. Stella stayed beside me as we wait in the middle of a long line. Every now and then, fans would ask for my picture.

"Ate, bakit po kayo andito?" A curious fan asked.

"Susurprise namin si Magui." I told her while lokey hitting Stella with my elbows.

"Ah oo... kasi ano... wala, supportive best friends lang talaga kami." Stella started to make excuses.

"Matagal na po ba kayong magkakilala?" She asked again.