CHAPTER 18

-- MAGUI --

"Good morning, Magui!" I saw Cleo and Stella walking down the stairs while I was doing my exercise.

"Good morning to you too but before you react, I want you to know that I'm not overdoing myself again," I told her which caused us to laugh.

I was supposed to be on bed rest but I feel a lot stronger than before. Alam kong kaya ko na.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Stella asked me.

"Hmm... the usual?" I told her. "The one we used to eat back in high school."

"I got you, Magui." She patted me on the back before she went to the kitchen.

"Where's Ashi?" Cleo asked me when Stella left. "I knocked in her room but she wasn't there."

"She left early," I told her.

Before I started exercising, I saw Ashi leave. She was wearing a backpack on her back. She greeted me with 'good morning' before leaving. 

"Saan nagpunta?" Cleo asked again but I just shrugged my shoulders because I had no idea.

"Malaki na si Ashi, love." Stella joined our conversation. "Baka nag day off ang yaya natin." She joked around.

Cleo and I decided to help Stella in the kitchen since I already finished my morning exercise. Pinaghain lang ako ni Cleo because she didn't want me to get tired. Umupo na lang ako sa dining table and took out my phone. 

I was staring at Ashi's picture that I took during the Solace Music Festival. This is the first time we saw each other again in four years.

I remembered how she let me lay on her lap last night while she was stroking my hair. I was sleepy but it all went away when I lay on Ashi. We were supposed to forget about the love we have for each other. I was supposed to be mad at her after what she did to Solace but at that moment, it felt like I was escaping reality.

It felt like it was only me and Ashi under the stars.

No problems. No pains. No regrets.

I logged in to a different account on Instagram. An account that I haven't opened for years. I posted the picture of Ashi.

everydaysolace: Here, under the stars, our paths crossed again.

"Pwede bang back out na lang ako? Parang aatras yung sikmura ko eh."

"Eto naman, parang tanga eh! Pumasok ka na nga doon!"

We all looked at the front door when the four suddenly entered.

They were all looking at me which was a bit odd. I looked at Cleo to ask for help but she was also confused.

"Magui, I'm sorry." I was shocked when Malia suddenly ran towards me and hugged me.

I was too confused that I wasn't able to hug her back.

"I told her everything, Mags. I hope you don't mind." Gia told me. "Hindi ko na matiis eh. Malia deserves to know."

"Sorry kung nagpakain ako sa galit ko. Mahal na mahal naman kita, Mags eh. Masakit lang talaga." Malia hugged me again. "Hindi ko ginustong itaboy ka. Ayaw ko lang talaga masaktan kami dahil wasak na wasak na si Ashi."

"Hey, it's not your fault," I assured her after the hug. 

"Hindi talaga!" She started acting like herself again. "Si Alya ang may kasalanan sa lahat ng 'to. Pag nakita ko talaga yun, hindi lang sampal ang makukuha niya sa'kin."