Imagination

HOLY BANANAS TY GUYS FOR OVER 100 READS IN JUST A DAY!!

Also possible TW: mention of SH (kinda), homophobic slurs, hallucination, intense panic.

Fag.
Queer.
Freak.
Loser.
Homo.

All these words replayed in Steve's head over and over. Ever since he came out he'd been constantly harassed and bullied. It got to the point where he left school early and ran into the bathroom.

He grabbed the corners of the sink and looked into the mirror. His eyes were red and puffy from crying and his hair was messy from the rain he'd just ran home in. He looked down at the razor next to the sink. Maybe if he just...

"Steve, are you in there?" A voice rung through the door. Before Steve had chance to reply, a man walked though the door. It was Eddie. There was something about him that immediately brightened up a room. Steve ran towards Eddie and embraced him, burying his face in his neck.

Both boys sunk to the floor, Steve sobbing in Eddies arms and Eddie rubbing small circles on Steve's back, shushing him quietly.
"Sweetheart, you are so much stronger than you think you are." Eddie whispered quietly. "You don't have to listen to them, you're amazing, don't forget that."

"But what if they're right. About me being..a freak." Steve sniffled.

"Then embrace it, like I did! There's nothing wrong with being different." Eddie said, looking Steve in the eyes.

"You're right," Steve began, "I love you"

"I love you too, Steve.." Eddie said, gently wiping the tears from the others cheeks. "But you have to let me go."

Steve's heart dropped. "What do you mean?" He gulped.

"Steve, I've been dead for almost a year now, you have to let me go..."

And with that, Eddie faded away. Steve mumbled to himself which soon became a panicked screaming. His heart was beating so fast it felt like it would jump out of his chest, his eyes stung with tears, his chest felt like it was being compressed, he couldn't breath. He crashed into the sink, the bath, the walls, the door. Sobbing. Screaming.

Eddie was dead.