The Red String

After preventing Vecna from destroying the world, the whole of Earth somehow gained the ability to see everyone's red string of fate. Tying soulmates together. Whenever you got closer to your soulmate, the string would begin to glow and when you found them the string would go a golden colour.

There were people who didn't have red strings, in fact, they were a pure white. Usually it was elderly people who had them, occasionally younger people too. This meant their soulmate had died.

Steve Harrington. Known as the golden boy who got all the girls. That was until he started hanging out with people like Mike, Will, Robin, Eleven etc. Since then he was known as a freak just like them. But now something else made Steve different from the rest. His soulmate string was pink.

Everywhere he went he'd saw people murmur and stare. A pink string. What did it mean?

Steve was determined to find his soulmate, dead or alive. He got in his car and began following his string. He knew he was getting closer as he saw that his string had a faint glow to it. He had been driving for 30 minutes so he decided to pull over and begin walking.

He walked for another 5 minutes and rounded a corner. The string glowed slightly brighter. Steve looked up.

No. It can't be.. it was the trailer park where Eddie used to live before..

Steve quickly brushed the painful memories aside and began walking towards Eddies old trailer. No one had lived there since. Everyone thought the place was cursed because Eddie was a 'devil summoner'. Steve wondered if the gate to the upside down was still there.

He cracked open the door to Eddies trailer and his string grew brighter. What.the.fuck.
The more he walked towards where the gate to the upside down was, the brighter it got. He reached the gate. It was still there. Above Eddies stained bed. He still wanted to know where those stains had come from.

Surly his soulmate wasn't Vecna slash Henry slash one.

Nah that's dumb. But then who..

Steve grabbed onto some old bedsheets he found and made a rope like he did a few months back. Off he went into the upside down.

Surprisingly, as soon as Steve landed in the other world he wasn't greeted by demogorgans or demobats, just dust and dirt. His string was now almost shining like the sun. A bright pink.

He continued walking and there wasn't a monster in sight. He saw a figure up a head. It looked like a person. He looked at the string trailing along the dark ground, the blinding pink conjoining the two people. The person opposite from Steve looked down, squinting in the pink light. He slowly turned around.

"Steve?"

"Eddie.." Steve gasped.

They both began running towards each other, their string lighting up the sky of the other world. They captured each other in a hug and then they kissed. It was filled with desperation and joy. They both cried and held each other as the pink faded and went a sparkling gold.

"You're alive! I can't believe it! How?" Steve said overwhelmed.

"Well sweetheart.." Eddie said smiling widely, showing his fangs tears still streaming from his red eyes. "I'm a vampire."