❥011

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

friday morning. mavis had never really felt anything when it came to the first lacrosse game of the year, because she'd never actually planned on going before.

but this year, this year was different. for the first time in her entire life she kind of... wanted to go?

maybe it was because she was happy eddie had been given a chance to shine, or the fact that she just wanted to see james play, but she changed her mind about going the night before.

james had mentioned her coming to the game that morning in chemistry class, and while she did go through the pros and cons in her head, ultimately the pros won over.

the thought of chris being the center of attention there made her want to vomit, but she had two people to be there for over the one she'd rather stay away from.

just as she finished her last bite of the bagel she was eating, she heard the van honking from outside her house. when she opened the door and nick's head was stuck out of the back window, she couldn't help but laugh.

"hurry up mavis we have to be on time today!" he yelled out.

she jogged around to the other side of the van, climbing into the passenger seat.

"what's such a big deal that we have to be on time for?" she asked, finding it a little odd they were in such a rush when usually they were the ones making her late.

"it's home opening day? you know how every year they do that thing for the seniors where they cheer and shit while the team walks through the halls in the morning?" nick reminded her.

"oh... right." mavis leaned back in her seat dramatically, rolling her eyes while doing so.

the whole thing had completely gone over her head, but it was true, every year the entire school banded together with posters and chants to encourage the team before their season started.

mavis usually chose to stand as far away as she could from the whole thing, because she couldn't believe people honestly cared that much about some stupid sport.

she always thought it was weird how the student athletes got more recognition around school than the people who were actually good at, you know, school?

while when mavis first got up this morning she felt a little excited to watch james, now she was just dreading pulling up to the school.

"mave it's our year, you gonna cheer for us?" matt asked her, but he couldn't keep a straight face, knowing the girl's feelings towards the event.

"not a chance in hell." she started to laugh along with him.

chris hadn't said a word since she showed up, and he was blissfully unaware of the fact that she would be present at his game later.

his headphones were put on full blast as he listened to mac miller, wanting to cut out the sound of her voice.

nick and matt both let him be, they were aware he and mavis weren't currently on speaking terms, and they knew after their last confrontation it would be best to keep it that way, especially on a day this important for him.