❥027

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

chris was the one to connect their lips.

at first the kiss was slow, the kind that takes you by surprise so you have to let it sink in a little while it's in the process of happening.

after the initial confusion wore off, it sped up more and more the longer it went on.

mavis needed to release all the built up tension she felt regarding chris, while he had been waiting for this since the moment he laid eyes on her in the hospital.

their lips moved in sync, chris standing up now from where he had been knelt beside her, taking control over the kiss.

mavis had done a good job at shutting off her mind for most of the morning, but this, this made it turn back on as quickly as it had turned off.

she practically threw her body backwards, her arms and back crashing into various items sitting on her desk. she was panting, partly because of the kiss, and partly because she really felt like she might pass out.

she avoided chris' worried gaze, looking absolutely anywhere but his eyes.

"did i do something?" he asked almost right away, but mavis couldn't even answer. she was in complete and utter shock.

how did she let this happen?

as chris stood and waited for an answer, his phone buzzed, signalling that matt and nick were close enough to mavis' house.

"i, um, i have to go and meet them now." he said as he nervously played with the back of his hair.

once again, he got no answer.

"okay, i'm just gonna go i guess." he sighed, observing the girl's frantic state. he then headed over to the window that had been left open since they woke up, climbing out of it.

mavis finally blinked once he was gone, turning her body back around so she could face her mirror again.

she didn't know why but she got the sudden urge to cry. it didn't even make sense to her but she was so wound up, so frightened, that she didn't know how else to handle it.

tears started to pour out of her eyes relentlessly, but she knew she had to stop it. the boys would probably be there any minute.

she raised her hand up to her cheeks, wiping off the salty stream that had stained them, and then slowly let it trail over one of the braid's chris had done on her hair.

mavis had never felt so conflicted before.

when they kissed, she felt so honestly happy, so giddy. the problem was, she knew there was always going to be thoughts at the back of her head telling her this could go wrong.

his memory had already started to come back, and she was dreading the day everything would come back to him.

what she felt when she was with chris now, felt like something that she never felt before. not even with james, who she really liked for the time that they actually talked before he turned into a complete fucking psychopath.