❥024

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

after a while of talking about random shit, chris finally stood up from the grass, putting a hand out so he could pull mavis up off the ground as well.

"thanks for doing this. i still don't really get it, but it was funny as fuck to watch you play." chris chuckled as he looked down to the girl in front of him, who was currently shooting daggers at him for mocking her athletic ability.

"yeah, makes one of us." said mavis, earning a loud scoff from chris.

"you liked it, don't even lie." chris challenged her.

"keep telling yourself that." she rolled her eyes playfully, before starting to make her way down the field.

chris jogged a little to catch up to her, stopping just when he was next to her. they walked most of the way home together, up until they had to go their separate ways.

chris' mind was all over the place, it literally felt like he was dizzy. he thought at first that maybe it was just hot out, but it was fall, so it really couldn't have been that.

his steps started getting more and more unbalanced, and just as he got home, he stumbled, grabbing onto the side of the house for support.

apparently, he hadn't been exactly quiet about it, because nick came flying outside.

"chris, are you alright?" he asked, but chris' vision was starting to fog.

"okay, come on chris just sit down, i'm gonna run and get you some water." nick slowly helped him sit down on the ground before sprinting into the house.

chris shut his eyes, and though he expected everything to be dark, it was like he'd been taken back. back to a specific memory that had been buried away for a while.

"mave, can you pleaseee play with us? otherwise the teams won't be even." matt was currently begging mavis, who was sitting by the fence with a book in hand while the boys stood around her with lacrosse sticks.

"sorry matty, but i don't wanna play lacrosse." mavis' nose scrunched up as she observed the sticks.

"pleaseeeee." matt continued to beg, earning a small huff from his best friend.

"we promise it'll be fun, even i'm playing mavis!" nick added.

"we don't need her to play, let's just start without her." chris grew annoyed at how badly his brothers wanted the girl to join in.

"but we want her to!" said matt, his voice coming out whiny.

"i don't want her to, you guys want her to." chris rolled his eyes, glaring down at mavis.

"shut up chris!" mavis sat up a little, taking her back off of where it had been resting on the fence.

"no you shut up!" chris fired back.

"no you-

"oh come on guys! mavis is reading her book, go on and play, leave her alone." marylou called out from the sturniolo's deck, given the fact they were arguing pretty loudly in their backyard.