❥029

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

"why was i such a dick to you mavis?" chris' laughter finally died down, and now mavis could feel herself screaming inside. she just didn't want to get serious again. she wanted to pretend this whole thing wasn't happening.

"it's not like i wasn't a bitch to you in the first place, kids hold grudges." she shrugged her shoulders up and down like it wasn't a big deal.

"okay, but it couldn't have lasted beyond middle school or anything, it was such a stupid reason to hate each other." said chris.

"uh, yeah, it was." mavis replied, unsure of what else she could really say.

"i know you can't tell me everything about our relationship, but that doesn't mean you can't talk to me about what you feel right now." chris shot her a look that made her sure he was being sincere.

"i just can't talk to you chris, i don't know how." mavis looked away from the boy, but he didn't give up. instead, he grabbed a hold of her hand, just barely.

"what are you doing?" she stepped away from him slightly, but still didn't let go of his loose hold.

"just walk with me, we're going to talk." chris sighed, starting to walk away.

he could feel that mavis was going to let his hand slip out of hers, so he quickly interlocked their fingers getting a tighter grip, before he gently tugged her hand so she would start to walk.

she followed along, but chris could see her looking every which way, and he knew she still wasn't comfortable.

"chris, we can't just walk through the halls holding hands, people can see us?"

"can you just take your own advice and focus on yourself?" said chris, making mavis stop staring at others, but instead start staring back at chris.

"fine, but can we at least go outside or something? i'm gonna be way too nervous about matt or someone seeing us."

"why are you worried about matt?" chris asked, raising a brow.

of course, it wasn't that she was worried matt would get jealous or anything of the sort. they never once liked each other, through all their years of friendship. it was just that, she knew matt wouldn't approve of this new thing her and chris had.

after all, he was the one who had to listen to the two bitch about each other non stop for years on end. he was the one who knew how much both of them had hurt each other over the years.

to top it all off, mavis had pretended like she didn't even like chris as a friend, like she was only tutoring him out of pity. she hated herself for ever lying to her best friend, but she didn't want matt to ruin this. not before it could ruin itself.

"i'm not." she sighed, walking out of the school doors with chris.

"yes, you are." he challenged her, but she decided not to fire back.

"look chris, the stuff with matt is something i literally can't tell you. i promise you that." she stated sternly.

"okay, well then i'm gonna say how i feel about this first, since you're clearly not going to. mavis i like you, a lot. you've been the one person i feel safe talking to about everything since whatever the fuck happened. i don't know how to explain it but i feel good when i'm around you, like nothing could go wrong." chris smiled.