❥021

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

mavis felt her cheeks heat up from chris' words.

how could he sit there and be so wonderfully nice, and then just drop a fucking bomb on her like that?

"i don't think i'm perfect." she tried to chuckle and take it as a joke, but both of them knew he had been serious when he'd said it.

"i do." he shrugged his shoulders up and down like it was no big deal.

"stop that!" she scolded him, and he put his hands up in defence.

"stop what?" his voice cracked a little which made the two of them laugh, breaking the tension ever slightly.

"just stop." mavis sighed, looking away from chris because she just couldn't bare to look in his eyes after that.

a part of her wondered if these were old chris' thoughts, if maybe he had thought this about her all along but just never told her because there were too many things in the way.

mavis, what the fuck? she thought to herself.

she had to pull herself together, she was seriously starting to lose it. old chris would never think of her like that, he was only saying these crazy things because he got hit on the head and now couldn't put anything together.

of course his true thoughts would be thrown off.

mavis cleared her throat, opening her math textbook to the first page of the new unit they had just started.

"is your class on this one too?" she asked him, and he nodded his head.

they worked on a few different subjects for around thirty minutes each, as mavis was just trying to get an introduction to everything going.

she ignored chris' long stares and did her best to keep her attention centered on what her main goal was, to bring his grades up.

chris on the other hand, had zero regrets about what he had said. he was being honest, that was all. he felt it and thought it every time he looked at the girl. he just thought she should know.

a couple of hours later, they decided to wrap things up for the night. the two of them walked closely down the stairs, both jumping slightly when mavis' mom spoke from the kitchen.

"chris?" she called his name.

"hi miss matthews." he said, wanting to be respectful.

"i heard about what happened, i'm so sorry. i know this whole thing must be really hard for you." she sent him a warm smile.

he smiled back. mavis' mother had red hair just like her.

"i'm okay, mavis is actually helping me with my grades. the principle said i lost something that was going to give me an automatic pass so, now i'm studying like she does i guess." he chuckled, noticing her mother was shooting mavis a skeptical look.

"oh, is she?" she questioned.

"yup... okay time to go chris!" she started to direct him out of her house before her mother said anything else.