❥038

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

"damn, so it really didn't go well?" matt asked from the other end of the phone.

"no it did, but i just can't help it matt! it feels like i'm never going to be able to forget about him. everywhere i go something or someone has to be screaming chris, chris, chris!" mavis sighed, wishing things could be easier.

"okay, so let me get this straight. you think mason is a great guy, but you still want chris when he literally wouldn't even talk to you until you got asked out? mave, you know how much i love you and chris but come on, stop holding yourself back!" said matt.

"i'm really not trying to."

"i know, but don't stop yourself from being with someone great for someone that's not putting in any effort. you literally gave him the chance again and he didn't do anything." matt continued.

"i know, you're right." mavis agreed, but she knew deep down she didn't really agree.

"you're coming over for christmas right? eddie's apparently coming for nick and uh, well chris doesn't have anyone coming for him because we told him cara's not fucking coming." matt chuckled.

"yeah i'm coming, what about briar though?" mavis asked.

"she's too busy planning a new year's eve party. i guess she wasn't very happy with how her last one went."

"no shit." said mavis.

"shut up, i'll see you at christmas okay? and don't forget to ask your dad for some of that pie he always makes for dessert, it's fucking amazing." matt told her sternly.

"yeah, yeah, as if i could ever forget, you bring that up every year since fifth grade." mavis giggled.

"only cause i have to." matt rolled his eyes, to which mavis replied with a scoff.

the sturniolo's door flew open, an overjoyed looking marylou revealed on the other side.

"merry christmas mavis! we're so glad you could make it." she smiled, pulling the girl in for a tight hug.

"merry christmas marylou, thank you so much for having me." mavis smiled back, stepping inside out of the cold winter air.

"the boys are all in the living room right now, we're about to open gifts and then we'll watch a movie together before you and eddie have to be home for family dinner." she informed the girl.

"perfect!" mavis beamed, walking further into the house with the triplets mother.

"mavis!" jimmy, the triplet's father lit up as soon as he noticed the girl enter the room.

"hi jimmy." she chuckled, loving his constant enthusiasm.

everyone greeted each other except for well, mavis and chris. although they were in the same room, they couldn't have been any more disconnected.

while both fought their hardest to avoid looking in the other's direction, there were often times when chris would feel himself slipping and look at her, which would instantly force mavis into looking right back.