❥022

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

chris went home that night feeling awful. awful about himself, and awful for making the one person he looked forward to seeing everyday mad at him.

he was in his room listening to music when both his brothers barged in.

"what's up kid?" nick spoke casually, not noticing chris' down mood.

"nothing." chris replied.

all he had to say was one word and both nick and matt could tell something wasn't right with him. he was upset.

"chris, what's wrong?" asked matt, concern laced in his voice.

"i don't know. i think i... had a fight with mavis?" he said unsure of himself.

"what was the fight about?" nick looked over at matt while he asked chris about what had happened.

"i didn't think there was anything to fight about. but she was ignoring me the entire day, and then at tutoring i asked what was wrong and she kind of yelled at me. i didn't mean to hurt her, whatever i did." chris sighed, looking down at his fingers as they toyed with his blanket.

"that's weird. did you do anything or do you really not know?" said nick.

"um, well, i might have called her perfect yesterday. i couldn't help it, i didn't think it would upset her!" chris put a hand on his forehead in frustration with himself.

"you what?" matt asked, completely dumbfounded.

chris couldn't help but feel even worse about himself as he watched the sheer panic set into both nick and matt's faces.

"look, i don't know why but she's just special, i can feel it. she's looked out for me and been there for me ever since i went back to school. she makes me laugh without even trying and she's hands down the prettiest girl i've ever seen. i just thought that she might feel the same way i do." chris rolled his eyes at matt's face.

"chris, you can't just say something like that to mavis! in what world would that be okay?" matt rose his voice slightly.

"shit, are you guys a thing? i was kinda worried with how close you guys are-

"no! we are not a thing!" matt yelled, and chris was now at a loss for words.

"so what's the problem then?"

"i can't tell you."

"why not?"

"you know why not."

chris felt like disappearing right then and there. this whole thing with everyone keeping secrets from him about his own life was really starting to get to him.

i mean, it was his life after all. what gave them the power to hold it over his head like that?

"can you guys just leave me alone? i need to think about this whole thing. i don't wanna lose her, she's been keeping me sane throughout this shit." chris pleaded with his brothers, and of course, they allowed him to have his space.