❥028

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

"guys can you please just support me on this?"

"briar, no one is supporting you choosing to dress up as a basic ass witch for your party. that's a horrid fucking costume." matt rolled his eyes at the girl.

"agreed." nick chimed in.

briar let out a loud huff of air in defeat, before she noticed something off with a certain pairing in the group.

"why do you guys look depressed as fuck?" she said, now making everyone else look over at chris and mavis, who were sitting in silence at the end of the lunch table.

they were sitting across from each other, and the entire lunch they had been trying to discreetly steal glances at one another, but not the kind of secret, flirty stolen glances. no, they looked absolutely miserable.

miserable and angry at one another.

"yeah, what's wrong?" eddie asked, but neither of them wanted to answer the question.

"nothing is wrong!" mavis snapped, before taking a bite out of the granny smith apple she stole from matt's lunch.

"um... okay." nick shot them a suspicious look, but chris didn't really care to notice and mavis was far too on edge to care about what anyone thought.

"anyway, you need to find a new costume." nick changed the topic.

"there's no fucking time! the party is literally tomorrow." she sighed in defeat.

"you can take my spot and be a power puff girl." matt offered, more for himself than for briar's sake.

"yeah, absolutely fucking not. you're not bailing on your costume." she narrowed her eyes at him.

"fuck!" he let out purely from disappointment.

while the argument had resumed, mavis and chris were still off in their own world.

chris had kicked her leg with his foot under the table, causing her eyes to widen in alarm. he motioned his head over towards the door, and mavis knew he wanted to talk about it.

the problem was, mavis didn't like to talk about her feelings. especially not these new complicated ones that involved chris.

although she wanted to ignore him, there was really no way to avoid it forever. she just had to rip the bandaid off.

she regretfully got up from the table, walking out with chris following shortly behind her. they could both hear mutters from their friends about what the hell they were leaving for but neither one of them cared enough.

once they got away from the bustling sounds of the cafeteria, mavis turned around to look at chris, doing her best to appear indifferent.

"what?" she asked, crossing her arms out of habit.

"why won't you talk to me? if i did something wrong, or you didn't want that to happen it's fine, but please just talk to me." chris started.

"i can't talk to you." mavis replied, staring down at her feet.

"why not? you're so on and off it's impossible to read!"