Chapter 29: The Big Plan

The next couple weeks were like a dream. Colby and I seemed to get closer and closer every day. I mean we were close before, as friends, but every day it seemed like our affection towards each other grew stronger.

I think the only reason our friends didn't say anything about it to us was because they knew we were kind of trying to figure it out too. But they definitely noticed when colby came up behind me and slid his hand around my waist when I was grabbing some food from the kitchen during a party, and they probably noticed the way we looked at each other when we talked. We had been close before, but something was definitely noticeably different between us.

The first time he kissed me in front of our friends was just when we were at Sam's house with him and Kat, we were watching one of his last edited videos from the series we made.

We were just getting comfortable on the couch and I had looked up at him, and he sent me a smile before leaning down and kissing me. I remember beaming at him, knowing he had just kissed me in front of his and my best friend. And they definitely noticed.

"Aww oh my god yay!" Kat squealed as she watched it happen.

I remember blushing hardcore but I rolled my eyes and smiled at her, knowing she was super happy about it.

And I was super happy too. Nothing felt awkward with him, it was all so comfortable, so perfect. He was perfect.

———  Colby's POV: ———

Things with Tessa were going great. I honestly couldn't believe what had happened between us just a couple weeks ago, it was all a blur. When she made the first move I knew things were going to escalate quickly.

I also couldn't believe I was in love with her. I never thought anything would end up happening between us, it's crazy how things just began to fall into place. Our friends have noticed that we've been acting different around each other too, and Kevin even asked me once if we were "a thing". I denied it, but I didn't deny the fact that we were doing things that normal friends wouldn't do.

My friends were rooting for me though, they all thought Tess was perfect for me. Sam told me he could tell by the way she looked at me that she was ready to be with me. I knew it too, making it official was just a big step for me, and I needed to make sure I was completely ready. I knew I wanted to be with her though, a hundred percent.

I wanted to ask her in a special way, I didn't just want to randomly ask her. I thought of maybe filming it, I know the fans would be really happy about that.

Another thing that made this easier was that my fans loved her, unlike my last girlfriend. Most of them were rooting for us, and after I kissed her on that livestream people knew something was up, they kept asking when we were going to tell them the truth about us. But to be honest we still had nothing to tell them. I started thinking about how I should ask her.

One day I sent out a group message to Sam, kat, Corey, Devyn, Aryia, Kevin, Reggie and Jake and asked if we could meet up sometime to talk about something. In just a couple days I had my camera set up as I waited for them to show up, I was gonna talk to Aryia, Kevin and Reggie later that day, but the rest of them were on their way over. I was getting nervous, I knew they'd all be super excited though.

I decided to film the intro while I waited for them.

I hit record and took a deep breath.

"What's up guys it's Colby Brock, welcome back to my channel."

I took another deep breath.

"Today's video, as you can see from the title, is going to change a lot of things. This is not click bait, it's not a prank. This is real...
I'm going to ask my best friend to be my girlfriend."