Chapter 19

5 YEARS LATER

Madara was right. Indra was only 5 years old and just like his father was a prodigy. Indra happened to be extremely close to his uncle Izuna.

Madara and Izuna were currently away in battle, so Emi was tending to her garden, while Indra practiced jutsu on his own.

"Indra will you help me plant some of these herbs?"

"Yes mama!" He said excitedly going over to his mother to help her. "Do you know when dad and uncle Izuna will be back?"

"Soon I hope." Emi replied. "But right now we can help them out by planting these herbs so they can grow and we can make their poisons that they use in battle."

"Lady Emi!" Someone yelled.

"Yes?"

"They're back!"

"Dad! Uncle Izuna!" Indra yelled with a glimmer in his eyes.

"Very well. We'll go greet them." Emi said while standing up.

"Lady Emi." The same messenger said.

"Yes?"

"It's not good." The messenger whispered.

"What happened?" She questioned with concern for her husband.

Obviously the messenger saw this and quickly whispered back, "it's Izuna."

"What's wrong with uncle Izuna?" Indra asked innocently.

"I'll let Lord Madara explain."

They all walked outside, and went to the entrance gate.

"Madara?" Emi asked going up to hug him.

"Emi. It's Izuna. He's dead." Madara said as he cried into his wife's shoulder. Her eyes widened.

"Mom. Where's uncle Izuna?" Indra's little voice asked.

"Indra. Please. Go inside the house and we'll talk later." Emi said.

"Yes mother." Indra replied and went back inside the main house, he was an obedient child.

"Madara. What happened?" Emi asked as she and Madara walked away.

"Hashirama. He wanted a truce. I almost agreed, but Izuna stopped me, I think he was gonna try a sneak attack on Hashirama, but Tobirama, his brother, stopped him. He cut him with his sword. Izuna's dying breath he asked me not to unite the clans. He said peace between the Uchiha and Senju can not happen. He's right Emi. And I will honor that."

Emi couldn't believe it. They were so close to peace, yet so far away. But she couldn't worry about that right now. Right now, she had a husband, to worry about. Not just that, she had to worry about how she was going to explain this to her 5 year old son. This would break his heart.