Chapter 34

THE HYUGA CLAN

"You wish for the Hyuga clan to join this village you've created?" Haru Hyuga, the clan leader asked.

"Yes. We would. We'd be happy if your clan would join Konoha." Hashirama said with a smile.

"For military strategy?" Haru asked.

Madara quirked a brow. "What would make you think that?"

"Think about it. Two extremely powerful eye prowess kekkei genkai's in the same village? The Uchiha clans sharingan and the Hyuga clans byakugan. It's extremely smart, however other villages that are starting to pop up, they will not stand for it. The balance of power." Haru explained.

"That's not why we invited you here." Hashirama said.

"It's fine. We'll accept your request for now. I honestly can't wait to see how this plays out." Haru said standing up. "I'll convene with my clan and we'll be back."

Both Hashirama and Madara watched in pure confusion as Haru walked out with his clan members.

"That honestly went better than I expected." Madara said.

"The Hyuga clan is known to be difficult." Hashirama said with a sweat drop.

"No matter, we got what we wanted." Tobirama said.

"The Hyuga clan is known for its difficulties however, Haru is the new clan head and probably not well diverse in terms of negotiation. That could be why he jumped to a rash choice." Madara said with his arms crossed.

"Actually, I think he thought, that we would've attacked if he said no. He is quite young." Hashirama said with a slight chuckle.

"No matter. It's the fourth clan to join us as well as multiple family refugees." Tobirama said, then walked away.

"Hashirama."

"What is it Madara?"

"I need you to make weekly appointments with Emi, checking her."

"Okay.......... Why?"

"Emi and I have decided to start trying for a baby."

"That's wonderful news!" Hashirama said as he clapped his hands together.

"Yes. Which is why I need you to check her."

"Why? Did she have a tough pregnancy with Indra?" Hashirama asked.

"No. It actually went quite smoothly. We just found out a little late is all. Still. It's been a very long time since she had him. My mother died in childbirth due to her age." Madara explained.

"You fear the same will happen to Emi?" Hashirama concluded.

"Yes."

"Do not worry Madara. I will take care of her." Hashirama said as he placed a reassuring hand on his best friends shoulder.