Chapter 70

WHITE PAST: HIDDEN AMBITION

'This feeling. What is it? This power?' I thought.

The power that was surrounding us, felt crushing.

"What do you think is happening Hotaru?" Sakura asked me shakily.

I remained silent and shook my head, fear obvious in my eyes.

CRASH!

We turned to look and saw the ice mirror dome cracking with Haku slowly standing up as his mask fell to the ground, and Naruto chasing after him.

However he stopped.

"So that guy in the woods that was you?" Naruto asked.

"Why do you not strike? Did you not just vow to avenge your comrades death by killing me? Or was that vow just empty words?" Haku said.

Naruto did end up punching Haku.

Haku coughed up blood. "No. That won't do. Your still holding back. If that is all the strength you can put into it, you'll never keep your vow. Perhaps he didn't mean as much to you as you pretend."

I saw Naruto blink like he was remembering something.

"To show mercy to those who oppose the one you serve, to allow his enemies to live when you could strike them down. This is not compassion, it is a betrayal of your life's very purpose. For what reason do you exist then? Your of use to no one. Your life has no meaning. It is mer existence day after day, pain and struggle, signifying nothing." Haku said.

"Yeah well speak for yourself!" Naruto yelled.

"Are you really that blind little one? I am speaking of myself. This day has shown that I am of no use to Zabuza."

"Zabuza. Why that guy anyway! To devote your life to a rotten scum who doesn't know the meaning of the word honor. If he's really the one person that matters to you, man that's the sorriest thing I've ever heard!" Naruto yelled.

"There where once others who mattered to me. Long ago. My father and my mother." I heard Haku tell his story before meeting Zabuza.

I shed a tear for him.

I saw Haku stepping forward to Naruto. Asking for death.

We heard the growling.

"That dreadful noise what is it?" Tazuna asked.

"I don't know. And I don't think I want to find out!" Sakura said.

The mist was starting to clear.

Sakura looked around and finally noticed Naruto and Haku, whom I had long since noticed.

A/N: I've been very busy which is why I haven't updated. But I have plans to post the first chapter of a new story today!