Chapter 72

~ THE DEMON IN THE SNOW ~

HOTARU'S POV

"Why are you here, Gato?" I heard Zabuza ask. "And why did you bring your henchmen?"

I couldn't hear what Gato said, but I saw he had a cane of some sort as well as a large army, that I knew we couldn't defeat on our own.

'There's so many of them.' I thought.

I saw Gato walk up to Hali's body and start to kick him.

Which made Naruto freak out.

"You bastard! What do you think you're doing?!" Naruto yelled as he ran up towards Gato, but was stopped by Kakashi.

"Stop! Don't be reckless!" Kakashi ordered.

"Say something! He was your comrade right?" Naruto yelled at Zabuza.

"Shut yo brat. Haku is already dead." Was Zabuza's response.

"What?" Naruto questioned. "Don't you feel anything? Watching him do that?! Weren't you two always together?"

"Like how Gato used me, I was simply using Haku. I thought I'd told you, we shining are merely tools. What I needed were his abilities and not Haku himself. I have no regrets." Zabuza explained.

"Do you..... Do you really mean that?" Naruto said.

"Naruto. Stop." Kakashi said as he placed his hand on Naruto's shoulder. "There's no need to fight him anymore. Besides..."

"Shut up! My enemy is still this guy!" Naruto yelled as he shoved Kakashi's hand off him. "He... he really liked you! He liked you so much! Even still, don't you feel anything at all?! You really.... honestly.... don't feel anything at all? When someone gets as strong as you.... do they end up becoming like how you are? He threw his life away just for you! He didn't even get to fulfill his own dreams.... and to die, just considered as a tool! That's.... that's.... too painful...."

I was in awe of Naruto's speech.

"Hey, brat." Zabuza said, which got Naruto's attention back on him.

"Don't say anything anymore. Haku wasn't... just thinking of me. He was feeling pain for you as he battled you guys, as well... I know. He was too kind... I'm glad we fought with you at the end." Zabuza was crying for Haku.

"Your right, you brat. It's ended up exactly as you said. Shinobi are human. Maybes it's impossible to become an emotionless tool.... I've lost. Hey brat, give me your kunai."

Naruto threw his kunai to Zabuza, who caught it in his mouth and went after Gato and his army.

After Zabuza took down a few of them, he finally got to Gato, and killed him.

Zabuza was weak afterwards and fell to the ground.

"Sasuke!" Sakura yelled.

That got my attention.

My twin brother was in fact alive!

My eyes widened.

"Sasuke!" I yelled as I pushed Sakura off him and gave him a hug, which he returned.

Sakura then proceeded to push me off my brother and cry into his chest.

"Naruto! Check it out! Sasuke's okay!" I yelled to Naruto and Kakashi and waved.

He smiled back at me.

Suddenly Gato's army got our attention as they were saying they were gonna attack the village since Gato was dead and was no longer able to pay them.

But the villagers came and defended their village with Inari at the head.

Tazuna was crying.

"They found their courage!" I smiled.

Naruto used his shadow clone jutsu and Kakashi followed suit.

This caused Gato's army to retreat.

"We did it!" Inari yelled.

Kakashi went to Zabuza and I saw him carry him to Hali's body.

And that is where he died.

It started snowing.

Eventually the bridge was finished and we had buried Haku and Zabuza next to each other with Zabuza's sword on his grave.

And since the bridge had been completed we set off back home for more adventures, but not before hearing the village decide to name the bridge, 'The Great Naruto Bridge.'