Chapter 2: Darkness Rising: Part 1: New Life, Save a Life

Michael's POV:

The walk through the color-inverted Groundbridge was longer than I thought. But then again, I remembered when Arcee and Cliffjumper traveled to Earth from Cybertron through a malfunctioning Spacebridge, and how long the tunnel-like portal seemed then too. They were also larger than humans, so they could cover just as much distance walking as a running human could.

It was odd, I felt fine despite knowing that using a Groundbridge for the first few times can be somewhat disorienting and can make you feel like you're on a vibrating chair. Though, that didn't last very long. I was approaching what looked to be the end of the bridge, when it seemed to suddenly...pulse...and a bolt of energy shot down from around the bridge and struck me.

"AGH!!!" I yelled out as pain erupted all over my body, before collapsing onto my hands and knees.

"What the hell was that?!" I asked myself in shock.

Groundbridges didn't do that, as far as I knew. But then again, technology and travel like this, like any type of fast-travel, was bound to have its faults. Especially if not configured correctly or used incorrectly. I was able to quickly shake off the pain, feeling a tingly sensation all over my body for about a minute or two before fading.

"Okay. I'm not staying in here anymore. I need to get out of here." I said, and took off into a sprint towards the other side of the portal.

I came out of the other side just as the bridge closed behind me, cutting off what was possibly the only link between my former home and this new location I ended up in. After getting my bearings, I looked around at my new surroundings. It was a barren field-like area with a road nearby. I recognized it instantly as the place where Cliffjumper was driving down in the first episode of Transformers Prime, but that meant... no... I can't be... am I in Jasper?

I mean, I knew I was crossing over to a new place when heading into that bridge, I just didn't expect it to bring me here of all places. After all, you could end up anywhere when using travel such as Groundbridging.

The Shadowzone is proof enough of that.

Back to the road, it seemed to be devoid of any traffic in either direction. It seemed to be late in the afternoon, according to the sky's appearance and the position of the sun. I decided to look at my phone and see what time it was and what my exact location was. But when I went to check it, the date seemed to be a glitchy mess of jumbled symbols and numbers. The time, however, was as normal as it ever was with timezone changes. I'd have to see if I could fix that later, if my phone was compatible with this world's timeframe. I looked at Google Maps to see where my location in Nevada was, but it was only able to identify the state I was in, and the rest was a glitchy mess. I figured as much since as far as I knew, Jasper didn't exist in my homeworld.

"I hope I'm able to still use this considering phones like mine don't exist yet here." I said, as I put my phone away.

I then heard a rumble of an engine in the distance approaching fast, as a familiar red Dodge Challenger with two horns on the hood came into view. I knew who it was instantly:

Cliffjumper

I knew what was gonna happen, and I knew I had to save him. If I didn't, it would go against everything I believed in. He had a life to continue living. He didn't deserve the fate awaiting him. I would never forgive myself if I sat back and did nothing. I only had one shot at this, so I had to make it count. I ran out into the middle of the road, and frantically waved and shouted out for him to stop.

I prayed to Primus himself, and my parents, that I wouldn't fail.

No Perspective:

"So there I am on the lookout when outta nowhere, these high-beams light up my rearview. And then it hits me... I'm illegally parked!" Cliffjumper was saying, as he drove down the empty country roads of Nevada.