Chapter 17: Out of his Head

Normal Perspective:

A day had passed since Michael and Bumblebee ventured into Megatron's mind to find the cure for the Cybonic Plague for Optimus, and things were pretty normal. Optimus was being checked over for any remnants of the plague on his optic.

"Follow the light." Ratchet instructed. The Prime did so easily. "Good. Good. I wouldn't advise anything strenuous, Optimus, but it appears your systems have fully recovered from the Cybonic Plague."

"Thanks to your medical experties, Old Friend." Optimus said gratefully as he left the CR Chamber.

"It was your scout and our Techno-Organic who braved unknown territory to locate the cure." Ratchet replied modestly.

"<:It was nothing! Really!:>" Bumblebee said.

"Yeah. We only did what needed to be done." Michael added.

"Lucky for us, Megatron was still alive." Arcee said, and Bumblebee and Michael looked at her.

"<:Did you actually just say that?:>" He asked.

"Yeah, I actually said that." The blue femme answered.

"Please never say that again." Michael said, smirking.

"What matters is that you are on the mend, Optimus. While Megatron..." Ratchet trailed off as Bumblebee spoke up.

"<:Arcee finished him once and for all back there.:>"

"'Bee's right. Did my best to finish Megatron's story." Arcee said. "Just couldn't stick around long enough to see how it ended."

Bumblebee walked off, but as he did, his optics retracted. At the same time, Michael's eyes flashed purple, as Megatron's mind, which had been split in half during his escape from his body, gained control of them for the moment, but spoke individually in their respective body.

(Bumblebee's Mind)

"It is a matter of time before Optimus realizes that all is not right with you, scout. I must reclaim my body. Which means taking complete, and total control of yours."

(Michael's Mind)

"So, it would seem that the unknown Autobot I encountered with the scout is not an Autobot, but a Techno-Organic. This will prove most useful in being able to reclaim my body, though this pathetic fleshy body is pitiful at most. No matter. Once I take complete control of this body, as well as the scout's, nobody will be able to get in my way."

-----

Later, Bulkhead and Bumblebee were playing a Cybertronian version of Basketball, with Miko as the referee. Arcee, Cliffjumper, and Michael, who were there, declined the offer to play. Vince, Jack, Raf, and Jessica were also there, watching the game.

"Basketball, by way of Cybertron. Let the games begin!" Miko said, and blew her whistle.

Bumblebee spun the ball on his digit like a pro, then threw the ball, which Bulkhead caught, then the Wrecker threw the ball at the hoop, which went in successfully.

"Yeah! Go Bulk!" Miko cheered.

"Come on. Best two out of three." Bulkhead taunted as the ball rolled back to him, and threw it to Bumblebee. However, before they could continue playing, Ratchet's voice called out from the Medbay.

"Bumblebee, I require your help!"

"<:Aw come on! Can't someone else do it?:>" The scout whined.

"Don't worry 'Bee. I'll take care of it. You continue playing." Michael said, smiling at the young scout. He made his way over to the Medbay after shifting to his Cybertronian form.