Chapter 5: Darkness Rising: Part 4: Infiltration and Rescue

Michael's POV:

I groaned as I awoke from unconsciousness. My eyes were really blurry, both from tears and pain, and I felt extremely tired. My clothes were torn and blood, cuts, and bruises covered my body due to the torture, and especially the prod. The blur in my eyes began to clear as the sound of pedesteps filled the silent air.

"My dear Michael," Came Starscream's voice from ahead of me. I glared as he approached. "You do realize that the Autobots have abandoned you." He said, smirking.

"No. You're wrong!" I growled out. "They'll never abandon me. Autobots never leave one of their own behind. Ever!"

"Keep telling yourself that, child." He chuckled darkly. "No matter what you think, they really have abandoned you. I am the only one you can rely upon now, so tell me what I want to know. Or..." He trailed off, as he picked the prod up. It sparked with energy, but I remained silent.

Instead, I gnashed my teeth and narrowed my eyes at Starscream as he brought the prod closer.

I shut my eyes and waited for more pain to come.

But none came. Instead, the sound of blaster fire, albeit muffled, filled the air of the room. I smirked in triumph.

"I told you they'd never abandon me." I said.

Starscream just growled, and shoved the prod into my body. Pain coursed through me as the contact remained. After a few seconds, he pulled it away, and growled again, this time at the noise outside.

"Someone find out what is going on out there!" He yelled at the Vehicons guarding the door. They ran out, leaving the two of us alone, with the exception of two more Vehicons.

"Now, where were we..."

Normal Perspective:

In another part of the Nemesis, Bulkhead and Miko, now joined by Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, and Arcee, as well as Jack and Raf who were found by the latter three, fought their way through the ship, while the kids did their best to avoid getting injured in the crossfire, which proved to be a much harder task than it seemed to be.

Eventually, they made their way to the bridge, and after clearing out the Vehicons in the room, the kids joined them.

"Wait in here." Arcee ordered.

"<:Wait! What?! Why?!:>" Bumblebee asked in surprise.

"They're slowing us down and they're easy targets. They'll be alright in here, as long as they stay put." Arcee said, deploying her blaster and walking out as she did so.

"Sorry guys." Cliffjumper said, as he and the others left, leaving the kids alone.

"That... was intense!" Miko said, not seeming to regard the fact that she almost lost her life several times in a single day.

"Was?!" Raf asked in complete disbelief.

"You know, it's your fault that we got stuck in this intensity!" Jack whisper-yelled. "What were you thinking Miko?!"

"Did I ask you to follow me?" Miko asked, annoyed.

"You wanted us to be a band!" Jack asked, irritated. "Doesn't that mean playing together?!"

"Well maybe I decided to go Solo!" Miko said stubbornly.

"Well maybe I have some regard for your safety!" Jack shot back.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Is your name Optimus?!"  Miko asked, now angered. "You can leave my protection to Bulkhead, thank you very much!"

"LOOK! STOP IT! BOTH OF YOU!" Raf screamed at them before running over to an edge and sitting down, putting his head in his arms.