Chapter 57: Spark's Vow: Part 2: The Bonds that Tie

Normal Perspective:

Michael awoke in his cell, realizing that what had happened hadn't been a dream. He wasn't sure of how much time had passed since he had fallen asleep, but guessed that it had to have been at least a few hours, if not half a day. He looked around, spotting the only sources of light in the room: The light fixture built into the ceiling, which was turned off, and the device that was forcing him to remain in his human form.

"What do I do...?" He asked himself. "I need to get out of here..."

He weighed his options, looking around the room, but finding nothing that could assist him, apart from the lone Energon cube that had been left for him to consume before he had been put into the canister to prevent him from escaping, for the 'Cons knew that he would try something if he wasn't left in a confined space. He kicked at the canister's glass with all the strength he had, but wasn't able to break it or make the canister move, for it was too heavy. The 'Cons seemed to be aware of him trying such a trick, so they had placed the stasis cuffs on top of it as weight, which seemed to work.

No matter how hard the young teen tried, he couldn't break free.

Stopping to catch his breath, he thought of what else he could do. Then he remembered his bond with Bumblebee, but he also remembered about it being blocked out in his human form. He also remembered what Ratchet had told him about it being excruciatingly painful to force the bond while in human form.

But Michael knew he had to try.

If he had any chance of escaping and returning home, and especially letting the 'Bots know he was alive, then he had to risk it.

He had to force the connection open.

Closing his eyes, he focused.

At first, he didn't feel anything, but then he focused harder.

A pain made itself known in his heart.

Michael pushed harder, and the pain grew very quickly, and he fell to his hands and knees, growling and hissing in pain through gritted teeth as he shut his eyes tightly, but he only focused harder.

He had to get through.

He had to.

The pain became increasingly unbearable, even more than when Starscream had tortured him all those months ago, but he still didn't stop, and only focused on his connection harder.

He fought hard against the urge to yell out; his heart pounding in his chest, feeling like it was going to burst or give out, but he only pushed harder, using all the willpower he had.

Michael's eyes shot open as he felt a sharp pain in his heart...

...and then... he collapsed and passed out...

-----

Bumblebee was laying in his room, having woken up from recharge some time ago, but hadn't left his room, for he just wanted to be alone again. He had once again recharged fitfully, for he had once again been haunted by nightmares.

He wasn't sure of how much more he could take.

He wanted his sparkmate back.

He desperately wanted him back.

He suddenly felt a pain in his Spark. It wasn't a large one, but it was noticeable enough to warrant concern.

Deciding to go see Ratchet about it, he got up from his berth and left his room.

Arriving at the Command Center, he greeted the others who were in the room before heading to the Medbay, finding Ratchet working.

"<:Hey Ratch?:>"