Chapter 68: Making Things Right

Normal Perspective:

"Cube?"

Mike looked up to see his counterpart holding out an Energon cube to him. He looked at it, then at his counterpart, then back at the cube.

"Sure."

He took the cube and the two identical mechs proceeded to look around at the others milling around what had officially become their new base of operations.

Michael had secretly come to dub it "Autobot Outpost Omega Two". It wasn't as clever as what the silo had been called, but it wasn't too far off either.

A few days had passed since Darkmount had been taken down, and the Autobots were settling into their new base, with Ultra Magnus getting used to being on Earth now that he could focus on it, but was learning pretty quickly, though he had yet to acquire an Earth-based vehicle mode for himself.

Michael had also returned all the lost hearts he had collected from the slain Heartless back to where they rightfully belonged, though he kept the container just in case it was ever needed again.

Jessica had also settled in, with Agent Fowler providing her with a room within the hangar, alongside things such as clothes and other things, which the young teen was grateful for. Michael had also settled in well, and was more than happy to continue sharing a room with Bumblebee when he found out that he could.

The base itself had a large, underground bunker that had been out of use for some time, but it had been cleaned out for the 'Bots to use, and had about twenty berthrooms, alongside a sparring room and a few others rooms, but it didn't have any other accommodations due to it not having previously been utilized for them like the silo that used to be Autobot Outpost Omega One.

The number of rooms for them all was greatly appreciated, for it meant that they now had enough space to house all fifteen Cybertronian occupants of the base, and, as an added bonus, they were even larger than the previous ones, with each berthroom being big enough to house three Cybertronians per room.

Michael and Mike, as well as a few others, found it ridiculous, yet hilarious, but they weren't complaining about the extra space.

They had also gotten around to moving everything from the Harbinger into the new base, with Ratchet, Raf, and Knockout working to get the Groundbridge up and running under Autobot technology, alongside the other systems.

Mike felt as though something hadn't been right since he had turned his Keyblade on himself over a week ago in the half-buried ship, for he noticed that something had changed in the time he had been out cold.

He noticed that his cloned body had gone missing from the lab when he had woken up, but hadn't really given it any thought, for he'd had several thoughts running through his mind at the time, and put it to the back of his mind, but decided to keep the tidbit of information to himself, for he wasn't sure what had become of it, but was somewhat glad that it was gone.

He was also surprised how he had not been turned into a Heartless or a Nobody for doing such an act to himself, but chalked it up to this world's Primus protecting him and keeping him from splitting apart.

Such was the only logical explanation, at least to him.

Mike looked at the cube in his servo, then opened it and began drinking from it. When he stopped, he noticed his counterpart was staring at him oddly.

Mike just looked at him for a few seconds, then spoke.

"What?"

"How are you not disgusted by the taste of Energon?"