Chapter 6: Entrance Exam

Today was the day of the U.A. entrance exam. I studied up for the written exam and train up for the practical exam. It was a lot of work to keep up with because it was still during school, so I still had to study for finals. My respect for Midoriya had gone up more since he was doing this far before I had. I was glad that I was going to take the test with him since having a familiar face was going to be better than going alone. Well... that's what I thought.

As of now, I was about to take the recommendation entrance exam. How was I suddenly recommended? I'm guessing that All Might had something to do with this.

When I talked it over with him that I had made up my mind about becoming a hero he met up with me and we had a talk. Of course, he thought of me as quirkless, but I told him that I actually did have a quirk and told him my secret. I showed him what I could do, and he was more surprised than impressed. He asked many questions like how I figured my quirk out and if my parents had anything similar. I answered the ones I could but most of them I wasn't able to. I asked if I he could keep this a secret from everyone and even Midoriya and I would tell him myself if he ever figured it out.

But putting that aside I was not expecting to take part in this particular exam. I looked around at the students that were here along with me, and I could tell that they were all different than those of the average person.

•••

Thankfully I was able to take the written exam part of the exam pretty well and participated in the three-kilometer obstacle practical exam course appropriately as I did not want to raise too much attention on me.

The problem I had with my quirk was that I could become an easy target for villains. If they had known about it and what they could with its full potential, just the thought of a villain taking someone or somebody I loved or held dear hostage and making me invent powerful quirks and distributing to other villains and bring despair upon the world was one of the nightmares I would have until this day.

While I did my best to not attract attention, there was a pair who were doing the opposite to what I was aiming for. One started off by blasting a giant wave of ice and one unleashed a tremendous amount of wind. Watching their performance left me dumbfounded and question myself if everyone brought by recommendations were like this and if I should have done a bit more to appeal myself.

"There's nothing I can do about it now," I said to myself as we were dismissed, "Might as well go home and rest for the day"

•••

After the entrance exams were finished, I checked the mail every day to see if the results had arrived. From what I heard Midoriya was doing pretty much the same thing but apparently, he had broken his entire body. However, he was healed and know he only has a minor injury on his arm. We got a few days off school to rest, and I used them mostly just lying on my bed looking at the ceiling. It was the first time in a while I used my quirk for a physical type as the stress it gave on my body was new, but I managed after a day of resting.

When I finally got the letter from U.A., I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling nervous. Inside the letter was a badge of the emblem of U.A. and it showed a hologram of All Might relaying a message. Thankfully, it was made official that I was accepted, and I was thrilled. When the message ended, I got a call from Midoriya, and he told me that he too was accepted. I congratulate him for his achievement, and he invited me over for dinner with his family.

•••

"I can't believe that three students from our school will be attending U.A. this year!" Our teacher said as Bakugo Midoriya and I stood in front of him, "I was expecting this from Bakugo but from Midoriya and Marcus? I hope the three of you good luck."

Midoriya sheepishly thanks the teacher as I do the same, but I look at Bakugo see that he was pissed from his expression. He calls for the two of us to the back of the school after our meeting with the teacher and apprehends us as soon as we reach our destination with his explosions. He angrily asked how the two of us, two quirkless guys, suddenly gained them and got accepted and messed with his plans for being the only student to get into U.A. from our school.

When I was about to say something Midoriya cut me offand stood his ground as he confronted Bakugo that he was no longer the weakling he knew and was going to become a hero just like him. With that Bakugo raged and walked off leaving Midoriya and I wondering what to do after all that nonsense.