Chapter 27: Hosu Incident & Nomu

"Imitator... Imitator... Marcus!" Mr. Kamui shouted as I regain consciousness.

"Sorry about that sir," I said, "guess I was a little tired."

"You were talking on the phone late at night again, weren't you?" Mr. Kamui said peering, "remember you're still working."

"Cut me some slack sir..." I said, "I even got you and Ms. Lady have dinner that one time."

"T-That's different!" he said flustered as we continue our patrol, "Teenagers..."

Today was the last day of our Hero Agency Internship. Over the week, Mr. Kamui and I got to know each other better to a point that we could joke around and talk about normal things. I told him the fundamentals of my quirk, not the whole thing as it might've been dangerous information to hold on to.

Thanks to the help of Mr. Kamui, I was now better at controlling the wood and vines from quirks like Arbor and, well... Vines. I also trained myself so that I could improve my quirk and stamina.

I was also able to meet many pro heroes out on duty with some having their own protégés alongside them. The hero I met the most was probably Mt. Lady as she would often accompany Mr. Kamui and I for dinner every time we went out to eat.

Throughout the internship, I discovered a variety of new quirks, but the one I found by far most interesting was from a fellow U.A. student who was employed at Fat Gum Agency.

It was a quirk called Manifest which granted the user the ability to enhance their limbs with characteristics of what they consume. I was so fascinated that I asked him many questions. He answered them but it took some time because he was very timid and shy. I even got some information from Mt. Lady about her Gigantification quirk. Both were complicated to use right off the bat so I would have to train myself to get the hang of it.

"So, what the plan for today sir?" I ask.

"I got a urgent call from a comrade to help out on a job," Mr. Kamui said, "Do you know the hero who goes by the name of Death Arms?"

I nod at his question, "I believe I've seen him with you on missions."

"Today we'll be his back up incase anything goes wrong," Mr. Kamui said, "Our main job is to stand guard in case any villains try to escape or enter."

"Understood sir," I said.

It was safe to say the operation wasn't much of an issue. When we arrived, Death Arms was already inside the building, and we did our job at standing guard. At one point, a couple villains tried escaping by jumping out the window, but unfortunately for them Mr. Kamui and I were there to capture them and restrain them.

Death Arms thanked us, and I yet again met another student from U.A., but this time she was my age. Her name was Kyoka Jiro, and she was in class A. It was nice to meet someone other than Midoriya from class A as we had a chat and got to know each other.

Thanks to the hard work of the heroes the streets were clear of villains as no crime was committed for the rest of the day. It allowed us to take it easy for a chance and rest before heading back home.

"With all you accomplished," Mr. Kamui said, "its surprising that only a week has passed."

"Your praise is too much sir," I said swaying my hand, "you're teaching and the experience you gave my was more than enough."

"At lest you got something out of this," Mr. Kamui said leaning back on his chair, "I'm glad that it was you that came to my agency."

"I couldn't have said it any better sir," I said with a smile.

"Say Marcus," Mr. Kamui said getting in a proper position, "after you get your Provisional Hero License and if you don't get any offers just know my agency is always available."

"Are you afraid some other agency might employ me? Hmm?" I said with a lopsided smile as Mr. Kamui rolled his eyes.

"Ha-ha very funny," Mr. Kamui said in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm sorry sir," I said letting out a good laugh, "No worries, I'll be sure to contact you when the time comes."

"I'll be waiting," Mr. Kamui said looking at the time, "it looks like its time for your train. I'll take you there."

Mr. Kamui takes me to the station as we say our farewells. He gives me his business card just in case I ever needed it before leaving in his car. The ride back home was peaceful and quiet. From all the hero work I had been doing, it was nice to not do anything and relax.

But there was still something I had to do. Instead of going home, I went to the police station to meet All Might and Mr. Tsukauchi.

Why was I here?

On the third day of the Hero Agency Internship, there was an attack in Hosu City. The Hero Killer: Stain had recently been active and had taken the Turbo Hero: Ingenium as a victim. However, he was defeated and arrested, and the news spread like wildfire. Later did I find out that it was Midoriya and his classmates who took down Stain.

The reason I was called was because of one thing. During the attack there was sightings of Nomu. All Might and Mr. Tsukauchi contacted me the following day and asked me to accompany them after my internship. Even though I didn't know much they insisted I joined them since I was the closest thing related to All For One.

This time there were three Nomu. One was like the one All Might had fought as another had wings and another that looked the most normal. They differed in color, and all possessed multiple quirks which made me uncomfortable.

To top it all off, Mr. Tsukauchi had looked into the previous Nomu's background to discover a disturbing fact. Nomu were once human that had four different DNAs mixed into them. Mr. Tsukauchi concluded that Nomu is an artificial human made to handle multiple quirks and act like a puppet.

"Who would do something like this?" I said in disbelief.

"All For One..." All Might said, his jaw clenched.

"I agree," Mr. Tsukauchi said looking at the files, "Is there anything you noticed Marcus? Anything unusual happen?"

I think about any recent events that might have been related. Then I remember on the day of the call from All Might and Mr. Tsukauchi, I had a strange dream.

"I had a dream... a weird dream," I said as they tilt their heads, "I never mentioned it because I thought it was random and irrelevant but it sure was weird."

"How did it go?" Mr. Tsukauchi said readying his notepad.

"I was in complete darkness and couldn't really move. There was this black smoke covering my mouth preventing me to speak as I aimlessly just stood there. If I recall, after a while, I heard a voice," I stated.

"Do you remember what he said?" All Might asked.

"Oh? And who might this be? Is what I recall him saying," I shiver a bit thinking about it, "when I turned around, I was overwhelmed by the darkness and woke up."

All Might and Mr. Tsukauchi was silent as they were in deep thought. They start to talk as I wait nervously for them to finish.

"Marcus," Mr. Tsukauchi said putting his hand on my shoulder, "don't freak out about what I'm going to tell you."

I gulp and nod, "I'll try my best not to sir."

"Marcus," All Might looked me in the eye, "I think that was All For One."

Haaa... Damn it.