Chapter 21: Sports Festival - Final Event Begin!

"Wake up sleepyhead," I hear a voice in my sleep.

I wake up to someone repeatedly poking me in the cheek as I yawn and sit up to stretch my arms.

"Setsuna?" I said as she waved at me with a grin.

"You doing, okay?" she asked resting her head on her hand.

"I'd be lying if I said I was in my best condition," I said, "but nothing I can't handle."

"If you say so," she said letting out a sigh.

"Where's Juzo?" I asked putting on my jacket again.

"He was going to come but he got caught up in a game," Setsuna said with a laugh, "Poor guy was taken because they needed someone with weird teeth for the race."

Setsuna and I had some small talk in the waiting room. It was a nice feeling since it helped me relax and get me ready for my first match for the Final Event. Setsuna and Juzo had become somewhat of my closest friends ever since I came to U.A. and talking with them and spending time with them was always a blast. I thought I would get lonely without Midoriya, but I was surprisingly doing just fine just like he was with his class. They were all my precious friends. It was times like this that gave me the nostalgic feeling of the time I was in the orphanage. It once again made me realize the decision I made to become a pro hero and show those like All Might that I had what it takes.

The recreational events were just about over so Setsuna and I went to our class's seating booth. I greet my mates as I get myself a seat to get ready for the first match. This was by far my favorite part of the Sports Festival: The Final Event. I was getting the chance to see so many interesting quirks in action. Since learning about quirks is also how I can become stronger I tend to focus on stuff like this. However, another reason I was excited for the first match is because of Izuku Midoriya. It was the first time I was going to see him in action.

The two contestants enter the ring, Izuku Midoriya and Hitoshi Shinso. Oh, who would've thought that purple haired guy made it all the way to the finals. Interesting enough, Shinso was part of the General Department, which was very rare since most of them are disqualified in the beginning.

"That's him!" Shoda said gaining our attention.

"Him?" Fukidashi said as his head turned into a question mark.

"If you talk to that guy..." Shoda says as the match starts, "you lose control of your body."

Just as Shoda said, the match had started but Midoriya suddenly stopped moving. Shinso smiled as he commanded Midoriya to as he started to slowly walk out of the ring.

"Brainwashing," Monoma said, "A powerful quirk indeed."

"How's a guy like that in the General Department?" Awase said.

"If you think about it," Kamakiri said, "Those of us with quirks with physical attributes and power have an advantage during the practical exam."

"You make a fine point," Kaibara said looking at his fist, "Given how his quirk works, it won't help him with robots."

"A waste of talent if you ask me," Shishida said, "Trained well and he could become a fine hero."

As I felt for the guy, it was still saddening to see Midoriya in such a powerless state. He must have worked hard to compete in the finals.

"Come on man..." I said to myself nervously tapping my foot.

I watched as the match was seconds away from ending. I hang my head down until a loud boom was heard and creates a shockwave of air. Midoriya had managed to break free from Shinso's brainwashing and manages to avoid being disqualified. He then rushes Shinso and pushes him out of bound. Shinso resisted by trying the best he could, but Midoriya was able to shoulder toss him out of the ring.