Chapter 5: Decision

"Marcus!" My teacher said calling me out.

"What is it sir?"

"You're the only person who hasn't submitted which high school to apply to."

"About that sir..."

"Look. I know deciding this is important, but the deadline is tomorrow so think about it and hand it in by then okay?

"...Yes sir."

•••

Would becoming a pro hero really what I wanted to become? After hearing words like that from the number one hero I would be lying if it influenced my thinking process. I was lost in thought as I unconsciously tapped my pencil on my notepad until I got scolded by my teacher.

Throughout the whole school hours, I still couldn't come up with an answer and probably got Midoriya's attention because he asked to talk to me after school.

"So, I heard you talked to All Might," Midoriya said, "anything on your mind?"

"Oh, so you heard," I said, "and I presume your training is going along well?

He brings up his arms and flexes it while putting a hand on his muscles.

"Great!" He said brightly.

"That's great to see," I said chuckling at his actions, "I guess you can say that."

"What did you guys talk about?"

"We talked about this and that, but I talked a lot about my future," I said.

I tell Midoriya about my talk with All Might and he listened carefully to what I said.

"So, what you're trying to say is that maybe becoming a hero could be what might help you find what it is you want to do?" Midoriya said as he summed up what I had told him.

"That's what I'm presuming," I said, "After hearing All Might's ideology, it moved me in a way."

"I know what you mean," Midoriya said giving me a smile, "If I know you, I'm sure you'll become a wonderful hero."

We chat for a bit until Midoriya eventually went back to his training. After bidding him farewell I went back home and did a bit of studying for the last finals exams for middle school. When I had finished, I had lost track of time and it was dusk. I went outside to look for something to eat and a walk while I was at it.

I sat on the bench in the park where I had talked to All Might and had me thinking about becoming a hero once again. I was sure that if I were to take the entrance exam for U.A. I could manage to pass but explaining that I had a quirk to Midoriya would be a problem. Actually... it wouldn't be that much of a hassle since he would have to make an excuse for his sudden quirk so I guess that would be the least of my concern.

I take out my phone and search All Might's name and was about to call him but hesitated as my finger hovered over the call icon. I sigh as I turn my phone off and just lean back on the back of the bench as I couldn't make myself commit to my decision. I stare at the orange sky full of clouds.

"What a lovely evening" I said as I felt something hit my leg.

I look down to see that it was a ball and a kid running towards me from a distance. I pick the ball up and hand it over to him as he thanked me. I give him a smile and wave as he leaves. He leaves back to his parents and from a distance they bow apologetically as I do the same. Then I remembered a similar situation from when I lived in the orphanage.

It was just like any other day as I was playing ball with the other kids when we accidentally kick the ball too far and hit someone by accident. We all went to apologize but the man just laughed it off and actually played with us for a bit. Now that I think about it that man was a hero and his smile that day made everybody happy for the rest of the day.

After the kid and his family left, I looked around the people around me and they all seemed to have faces of enjoyment and peace. All thanks to heroes like All Might were the reason why these people could be like this now and many more to come.

"What am I doing," I said chuckling at myself, "You can do this Marcus"

I turn on my phone again and procced to call the number one hero.

"Hello?" All Might answers.

"Hi, Marcus speaking," I said, "I think I made up my mind and was hoping to ask you a few questions..."