Chapter 24: Two Day Break

Day 1

The sports festival was officially over, and I was surprised when I tied for third place with Fumikage Tokoyami. For circumstances, Bakugo had full on restrains on him during the closing ceremony. I felt better as I received a medal from All Might and listened to his speech.

After the festival, we were given two days of rest before going back to school. My plan was to relax at home and watch the recorded Sports Festival.

"That was the plan..." I said opening my door, "what are you guys doing here?"

The entirety of class B had been at my doorstep. I wondered if I ever told them my address, but I just assumed that Mr. Vlad had gave it to them.

"We're here to celebrate of course!" Kendo said with her hand on her hips.

"Sorry for not telling you beforehand," Shoda said apologizing.

"No need to apologize..." I said slowly still trying to process the situation, "...come in?"

"You heard the man," Kendo said, "Operation Class B Sports Festival after party commence!"

One by one my classmates came in with something in their hands. Stuff like food, drinks, and games to play throughout the day.

I lived in a small residential house which was fortunate enough to have a lawn. It had barely enough space to fit in my classmates, but they didn't seem to mind.

We put snacks in bowls and gathered around to watch the Sports Festival. We talked about what we were thinking about at the time during event and what we were trying to do.

"If only the giant robot wasn't there, I would been able to finish in the top 20!" Tetsutetsu claimed.

"It was a pain getting over the pit," Shishida said, "do you know how it was to get over it with this body?"

"I barely got to use my quirk during the race," Bondo said, "I was too busy running to think."

"Same here," Fukidashi said sighing, "Words weren't helping me win a race."

"I was always in the shadows," Kuroiro said with his head down, "I barely got any screentime..."

I watched as the scenery in front of me was somewhat tranquil. Never would I have guessed that my house could become such a place. It was a place where I would be alone for the most part, but now it was filled with people I cared about. It was a great feeling I think would like to get used to.

"So, what do you guys want to do for dinner?" I asked getting their attention, "I was thinking about getting the grill out for the meat you brought."

"That's a good idea!" Komori said excitedly, "We should thank Mr. Vlad for the meat."

"Mr. Vlad?" I said curiously, "He gave it to us?"

"When we planned the party, he wanted to contribute somehow," Shoda said, "and as an apology for barging in. Hehe."

"I'll have to thank him when we get back," I said getting up.

I go around and tell the neighbors to let them know about the barbeque, so they won't be alarmed by the smoke. They were nice enough to give us extra ingredients to use for the barbeque and told us to have fun. Some even recognized us and asked for pictures which we gladly accepted.

The evening sky was clear, and the fresh air was mixed with the smell of sizzling meat. We listened to music with the speaker Kamakiri brought. We kept each other company, talking about day-to-day stuff while also listening to Monoma rant on about class A. The meat Mr. Vlad had given us was great and the atmosphere was perfect.