Chapter 15: U.S.J. Aftermath

Now that I think about it, why didn't I think about it sooner? It was only natural for All Might to suspect me. I had the ability to take and give quirks and that was the result of what that Nomu thing was. I was the perfect match.

All Might's eyes had become sharp, and I could tell he was serious.

To be honest, I was hurt. To think that a person I trusted suspected me of the events that happened today but was also understandable if I were in his position.

"All Might..." I said on the verge of panicking, "I-I would never-"

But before I could say anything someone came to interrupt us.

"If you're thinking what I'm thinking the answer is no," said a tall man with short black hair said.

I look at him confused as he stands next to All Might.

"This is Naomasa Tsukauchi," All Might said introducing him as he waves, "he works for the police force as a detective."

"While I had my suspicions, All Might here assured me that you weren't that type of person," the detective said, "so, no need to be so tense. I trust his judgment."

"I was just trying to ask if you had any information," All Might said in an apologetic tone, "Sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

"N-Not at all sirs!" I said in relief, "But I'm sorry to say I'm as clueless as you are."

All Might and Mr. Tsukauchi sigh as I do the same. The two adults look at each other for a bit as they nod and turn to me.

"Marcus, I am about to tell you something that not many people know about and possibly shock you," All Might said, "Are you ready?"

I gulp at his comment and take a deep breath before I nod.

He tells me about a great evil that ruled over the world ever since quirks had started to appear in our world. This person had so much influence among the people they practically worshiped him like a god. The being had a younger brother who hated the actions of his older brother and tried to stop him countless times, but he was quirkless and couldn't do anything. It was when the man gave his brother a quirk to try and sway his brother to his side. Even with his efforts the younger brother stood his ground but knew he could never do it himself. However, he realized he had a quirk, and it was one that was able to transfer it to another person.

That quirk was the one All Might currently had, and it was called One For All. The purpose of the quirk was to ultimately defeat the great evil called All For One, which was the name of the quirk the older brother wield.

The wielders of One For All have faced All For One countless times as he was finally defeated during All Might's time as One For All's wielder. The fight was never revealed to the public so only a handful of people knew about it. All For One was presumed dead, but with the sudden appearance of The League of Villains and Nomu, it didn't seem like a coincidence.

It was a lot of information to uphold but one question lingered in my head.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask, "Wouldn't it be better if you told Midoriya?"

"I plan to tell young Midoriya when the time comes," All Might said, "but the reason I'm tell you this is-"

"All For One's quirk possessed the same abilities as you Marcus," Mr. Tsukauchi said.

I froze in my seat. I was always worried what would happen if my quirk had gotten in the wrong hands, but never imagined that it had already happened.

"Marcus," Mr. Tsukauchi said as I turn to him, "Do you know how some quirks can be hereditary?"

"I'm aware that some quirks can be passed down to their children and some can combine to become more-" I pause, "You don't think..."

"We aren't sure if it is, but your cluelessness on your parents might be a clue," Mr. Tsukauchi said scribbling in his notebook, "Would you mind if we searched through your records to see if we can find any clues?"

"Yes," I spoke, "Anything that can help."

"One more thing Marcus," All Might said facing me, "When the time is right, we would like you to help with this investigation."