Chapter 25: Hero Alias

It had been a while since I went to school with Midoriya as it was one to remember. We were just chilling on the train as we got recognized and acknowledged by passengers.

I talked about how I enjoyed my days off with my classmates with an afterparty and a visit to the orphanage. Midoriya was happy to hear that I was fitting into life at U.A. as he was.

When I got to class, it was filled with excitement apart from Monoma.

"No!" Monoma said on his knees, "How did this happen?"

"What happened to him?" I asked.

"Don't mind him," Kodai said, "He's just upset that he wasn't mentioned in the press."

"Why is it that most of class A received awareness but not me!" Monoma said with hands on his head, "Why god why?!"

"God does not listen to selfish requests," Shiozaki said praying, "repent."

"Well, this sure is a way to start off the day," Shishida said arriving.

Maybe not Monoma, but it was true that we were receiving recognition after the Sports Festival. There were news articles about our achievements as well as praise saying that the future was bright for new heroes.

Soon after Setsuna and Juzo arrived as I greet them. Setsuna was rather skeptical as she went to Kendo and the other girls shortly after my greet.

"I wonder what happened~" Juzo chimed in, "Hmm?"

"N-Nothing happened," I said embarrassed.

Juzo laughed as he put his arm around me, "Don't think too hard about it."

"Yeah," I said getting to my seat.

Shortly after Mr. Vlad came in to start homeroom.

"I congratulate you all for your hard work during the Sports Festival," he said, "I hope you had a good two days of rest?"

"It was a blast!" Awase said.

"Thank you for the food, Mr. Vlad!" I said with gratitude.

"We even got to play with children!" Fukidashi said as his head turned into a smiley face, "They're so cute and fun to play with."

"It seems you all enjoyed the afterparty at Marcus' place" Mr. Vlad said with a smile, "As for today, we've got Hero Informatics class."

"What are we going to do Mr. Vlad?" Shoda asks.

"Today..." Mr. Vlad continues, "You'll be coming up with your hero aliases. Hero names."

We all roared in excitement as it was a thing we always thought of ever since choosing the path of becoming pro heroes.

"But first," Mr. Vlad said as a graph was projected to the blackboard, "This is a complete pro draft pick number of class B. This is based on who the pros think will be ready to join hero workforce after two or three years of experience."

The draft pick showed names and a bar indicating the number of offers that person received. When I got a closer look, I was feeling a bit guilty at what it was showing me making me look away from my friends.

"Marcus is on a whole other league!" Fukidashi said, his head being scribbles, "Over four thousand picks don't seem physically possible."

"Tsuburaba look!" Tetsutetsu said shaking the poor Tsuburaba, "I got picks from heroes!"

"Even though it might seem unfair, it is what it is," Mr. Vlad said getting our attention, "However, whether you were picked or not, you will all have a chance to work alongside the pros."