Chapter 31: Summer Vacation Start!

The Final Exams were over as I watched my classmates all pass their tests. They all showed how much they grew during the semester and it made me proud to call myself one of them.

Monoma went straight to Recovery Girl after our exam and we all went to check on him to see if he was okay. Our classmates applauded him for his performance as I could see his pleased face.

The remaining days of the semester went by peacefully as I was able to spend some time with my classmates.

Then finally came the day of the results.

"Today I'll announce the results of the Final Exam," Mr. Vlad said.

We were all practically on the edge of our seats as Mr. Vlad flipped through his sheets of paper.

It took him longer than expected as it looked like he was debating on what to tell us.

"Results are in and it's quite interesting," Mr. Vlad said, "everyone passed the Written Exam."

We all cheered and got excited and Mr. Vlad calmed us down.

"Don't get too worked up yet," he said, "I still haven't told you about the Practical Exam."

"Aw, man!" Tetsutetsu spoke leaning on his chair.

"Every one of class B has passed," Mr. Vlad said as we were about to cheer, "with the exception of Monoma."

We turned our heads to Monoma to see he had a half smile as if he already knew the outcome. I was about to say something when Mr. Vlad spoke.

"Monoma," he said.

"Yes sir," Monoma replied.

"Although you might've not passed I just wanted to tell you still did great," Mr. Vlad said.

"No need for words of encouragement sir," Monoma said, "if only I could be of better assistance then my work is done."

"Is that so?" Mr. Vlad chuckled, "I happened to hear a thing or two about you and I just wanted to say that I was in favor of passing you."

"Mr. Vlad..." Monoma said touched.

"You showed yourself even though it was tough and showed great effort and determination," Mr. Vlad said, "I just wanted to tell you that I'm proud of you."

Kendo starts to clap as we follow along. We chant Mr. Vlad's name and all throw him up and down.

After our mini-celebration, Mr. Vlad announced the end of the first semester and the start of summer vacation. He informs us that a school trip will be held and will inform us with details later on.

And with that, our summer vacation started.

"Nothing beats Summer break!" Setsuna squealed as she stretched.

"What about Winter break?" I asked with a chuckle, "What do you have against Winter?"

"Hey! Do you know how cold it gets?" Setsuna said poking my chest, "You don't understand what us reptilians feel during the cold."

"Alright alright," I said as I took her hand, "I'll make it up to you. How about a nice meal at a diner?"

"Now that sounds more like it," she said as we interlocked hands, "shall we go Mr. Yasuhiro?"

"Sure thing Ms. Tokage," I said as we walked holding hands.

I took Setsuna to the diner Mr. Kamui had brought me as it left a good impression. It made me want to bring her here as I thought about a place to eat during our date.