。fifty two 。

♡

steve struggled on the dirty floor of the upside down, demo-bats eating off of his sides and one choking him with its tail. one at his side whimpered as it was knocked off and steve looked to see nancy holding an oar, which she had used to knock off the bat. robin, eddie and adella were behind her, eddie holding an oar as well.

"hey there." nancy breathed before whipping the oar to knock off another one.

robin stomped on the one around steve's neck and nancy started to beat its face in with the oar. eddie yelled, "shit!" as more bats approached and he started to slap the oar with one as adella held out her hands and crushed two in the air, slamming them to the floor.

"nancy, behind you, watch out!" eddie yelled and nancy screamed as a bat attacked her on the back.

"oh, my god, nance!" robin called and started to pull it off robin.

"got it, got it, got it!" eddie repeated and swung the oar to slap another bat towards adella who broke it in half with her powers.

robin managed to get the bat off of nancy's back and slam it to the floor where nancy then rammed the oar into its face while steve bit the tail of a the bat around his neck and started to repeatedly slam it over the floor as eddie managed to ram the end of his oar down a bats throat and adella crushed two more in the air. the group looked to steve who was grunting as he threw the bat at the floor over and over before he stood on part of it and ripped it apart. he then spat blood out of his mouth that came from the bat that he bit.

"steve!" nancy worried.

"oh, shit." adella whispered, looking around as she wiped blood from her top lip.

"jesus h. christ!" eddie screamed, throwing the oar to the floor like a toddler.

"are you okay?" nancy asked steve.

he looked down at the wounds on his abdomen, "well, they took about a pound of flesh. but other than that, yeah, never better."

"uh, do you guys think these bats have, like, rabies?" robin asked, shining a torch on a dead one.

"what?" steve quizzed.

"it's just that rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear. and i think we should probably get you to a doctor, like, really soon because once the symptoms set in, it's too late. you're already, like, dead." robin rambled.

"what if he turns out like cujo." adella gasped, glancing at the wounds on steve.

"who's that?" steve asked.

"it's this do- never mind. best you don't know." adella replied before some bats chittered in the distance and robin stood behind adella who straightened up.

the bats circled around the gate into the lake and steve exhaled, "alright. there's not that many. adella came take 'em. right, ella?"

"them, sure. those..." adella paused as they all looked up to the swarm heading their way, "not all of them."