chapter 18

Hyunjin pov

I laid back on the bed confused, why I am having these dreams? Are they memories of the old hyunjin? But what do they have to do with me?
"This so frustrating" I yelled into the empty room.
I stood up to go to my sister's room, the doctor said that there is no need for her to stay here. I am sure han will take care of the legal papers.

"Hey, are you ready to go?'I entered the room.
"Yes, we were waiting for you actually where did you go?" My sister asked raising her eyebrow.
"Nowhere... I " I paused not knowing what to say.

"Honey, you look pale did something happen?" My mom asked with a concerned look.
"Did your mate do something to you, I don't care if he is the king, If he hurts my son, he will have to deal with me" my dad said making me smile.
"No, he didn't do anything and if he does I will make him pay, I am your son after all" I joked making them laugh.
"I am just confused" I added.

"Why? because of his Highness" my mom asked.
"Yes, actually" I answered with a sight.
"Honey, I know what people say about him but I saw it in his eyes, he adores you.  He will never hurt you trust me " my mom said with a soft smile.
I am not afraid of him, or I am. Whenever I see him, I remember the pain the betrayal I felt when he killed me.
I sight looking at my mom"he is a bad person mom, he killed people. Han told me he killed his mate and forced him to be his"i said with a small voice shocking them

"Son, I am not saying that you have to forgive him, but your mom is right I saw the way he looked at you and the other boy. He loves you, if you care about him be with him and change him into a better man. If you don't let him go, now let's go" my father said, leaving the room. The whole ride home I stayed silent, do I care about Felix? I don't really know. I just met him, I know I am his mate but as a human I don't feel the bond.
I know that I am scared of him but sometimes I feel safe around him whenever he smiles, it looks so familiar.

"Omg" I yelled making my family look at me with wide eyes, my father was driving the car home. I am staying with them tonight. Seungmin texted saying that he went back home with jeongin.
"What is wrong?" said my father.

"I tell you at home" I said I need to tell someone I am tired of talking to myself.
I went back to being silent cut I could feel their concerned stares. When we reach home I took a seat in the leaving room, I looked at them they were looking at me with anticipation. I cleared my throat :
"I... I have been seeing these dreams, more like  memories..." I start explaining everything to them from the dream of Felix killing me to the last one I had. And how han told me that his mate looks the same as me.
"Well that's a lot to take in" my dad said sighting.
"I know I don't know what to do?" I answered him.

"Honey, did you ever hear about reincarnation?" My mom said smiling calmly. She is a history professor, she knows a lot about other creatures and extraordinary things.
My eyes widened at her"you don't mean"i said shocked.
"Yes, it explains a lot actually" she added.
"But how, even if it's true. How do we have the exact face and name" I said looking at my parents, who shared a look.
"You know something, what are not telling me?" I said.

"I think it is time for the kids to know the story" my mom said to my father.

My father took a deep breath before he said" many years ago, the hwang were among the 3 top powerful families in this kingdom after the royal family and the han's. At that time the head of the family had an only son hwang hyunjin, all I know is that he was killed. His father was so sad for the loss of his son, he was depressed until he took his own life"he paused " what he didn't know then that his wife was pregnant after his death she abandoned everything and   left the capital , she made sure she stays hidden from everyone, she gave birth to a boy his name was hwang hyunjoon . and we are his descendants, I think that explains why you look like hyunjin. The story was passed through generations honestly I didn't believe it, and I don't know how the late hyunjin looked but when I met your mom and her being the history freak she is"he paused again laughing while my mom rolled her eyes"she found out that all what my parents said was true and when we had you we decided to name you after him in his honour." He explained.

I looked at the ground, so felix didn't just kill han's mate but also my ancestor.
"But why? Why did I have to be his mate, if I am a reincarnation of hyunjin, I should have been han's mate" I said with red eyes.
"Honey, it is all fate. Maybe it is a way to correct the old mistakes. All I knew about king lee that when he was a boy, he was so kind to everyone and every species unlike his father. " my mom explained.

"I am not going to lie, I am angry about what he did, I never knew who killed hwang hyunjin. If we were on different circumstances I would never let him get close to you. But your mom is right we can't get in the way of fate" my dad said patting my shoulder
"What should I do?" I asked them.
"For now, you need to rest, you had a long day. I am not going to tell you what to do it is your choice whether you accept Felix or reject him"my mom said.
I nodded heading to my old room

Felix pov
After hyunjin pretty much kicked us from the room, i went back to the capital. I found myself in hyunjin's favourite place again.
" jinie, my mate knows that I killed you. He hates me now just like han."i smiled sadly looking at the water"maybe it is my punishment for what I did to you"i added, I felt my eyes burn ready for tears to fall.

"What the hell are doing here?" han's angry voice cut me out of my thoughts.
"Han" I looked at him shocked.
"The audacity, how dare come here after what you did to hyunjin" he yelled taking my collar.
"It is none of your business" I yelled back, why I am doing this I don't know.
"You are a psychopath" he said punching me on the face making me lose my balance. He struggled me throwing a punch after another.
"I hate you, why can't you leave me in peace. Are you here satisfied that you killed hyunjin, sitting in his favourite place " he didn't stop punching me, but I didn't fight back

Well now I know why I provoked him, I wanted to feel something other than the pain in my heart.my vision start getting before i let the darkness consume me.

Han pov
I felt myself boil with anger after I saw Felix here, it is hyunjin's favourite place and here he is sitting here as he owned it. I saw black before I start punching him, but he didn't fight back.until I saw him lose consciousness.
I stop hitting him my eyes went wide at what I did, my hands were covered in blood. I jumped back in surprise.
What have I done? I am never this aggressive.
I looked at Felix who looked like a dead body
"Omg, felix" I put my hand on my mouth to stop the sob from coming,I know that he will be fine in less than an hour but I felt disgusted at what I did, my heart ached at the sight of him lying lifeless on the ground.and I just left him there running to nowhere in my mind , I just want to get away from here....