Trust me

Well... I just couldn't write a one shot which is connected to war in Ukraine, so here it is! And yeah, pups are anthros!

Chase and his family were packing their things to drive away from their town, which got attacked by Russian army. They realized that it was too dangerous to stay, despite little hope about opposite events. The family succesfully managed to prepare themselfes and went to their car to escape this hell.

Dad: Son, are you sure your friends won't go with us?

Chase: They managed to go with their families, they told me.

Dad: Good, but still, we can pick up someone though.

Chase: No problem!

Mom: Ok, all ready?

Dad: Yes, honey.

Mom: Then let's go!

The family got in car and drove away from their town, straight to boundary between Ukraine and Poland. During their drive they could see many buildings seriously damanged or completely destroyed, ambulances driving like crazy to help injured people, same thing with fire trucks. Still, Chases' dad decided to have a little break to find some fuel for car, because their road was very long, so they stayed in Kyiv for night. And that's where Chase found a fourth passanger for his company.

It was a cloudy day in Kyiv, the rain has just ended and Chase was just walking around, but not too far, because his family was about to continue their journey. He kept walking, until he saw a girl, walking with suitcase and looking around, seems this place was mega unfamiliar to her. So Chase decided to help her and ran up to her.

Chase: Excuse me!

???: Yeah.

Chase: Erm, can I help you with something?

???: Errr, I am not sure. 

Chase: Well, you're lost in this city I guess.

???: Yeah. I can't find a bus station.

Chase: Oh, I don't know too. 

??? (sighs): Ok, you can go.

Chase: Wait! Where are your parents though? Are they somewhere here?

This question suddenly broke girl as she sat down and started crying. Chase quickly reazlied that he shouldn't have ask this and sat down beside her to calm her down. She resisted a little, but then cried in his shoulder.

??? (crying): I was about to get to my relatives with my parents... they live in Czech. But when we were getting some food, a rocket hit the shop we were inside. And... and...

Chase: Oh Christ, I'm sorry to hear that!

??? (crying): I'm just alone here and don't know what to do. I have no money. Spent it all for food.

Chase: Hey! You can go with us!

??? (stops crying): H-h-huh?

Chase: Me and my family are going to Germany, to our relatives too. We can drop you off in Czech.

???: Really? But if your parents reject?

Chase: Trust me, they won't.

???: Ok... I really don't what to say, I was so lost.

Then girl hugged Chase and he hugged back, but they didn't notice that they were blushing, even a little though. Then they got up and started walking to hotel.

???: By the way, I'm Skye.

Chase: Nice to meet you. I'm Chase.

They smiled to each other and went back to hotel, where his parents started packing their things to continue their road as dads' phone started buzzing.

Dad: Yup?

Chase: I found a fourth passenger for us.

Dad: Great! Are you on way to hotel? We're about to go.

Chase: Yes.

Dad: Nice, see ya!

10 minutes later, Chase and Skye were near car as Chases' parents came out and walked to couple.

Dad: Well, who we have here?

Skye: I'm Skye. I... got lost a little in Kyiv while going to Czech and Chase offered me his help.

Mom: Czech?

Skye: My relatives live here.

Mom: Oh you poor little thing.

Dad: Alright then! Get in the car.

3 days later

Skye, Chase and his family were in Czech as she gave them an address, where her relatives were living, so they drove there at first, before going to Germany. Chase and Skye managed to create a strong bond between them, played some games and even catch some feelings to each other. Chases' mom noticed this and couldn't stop smiling - his boy found his second half. So did Skye, who found Chase a very good boy, with amazing heart.

Dad: Alright, we arrived!

Skye: Yes, that's their house!

Then they got out of the car and Skye ran to call her relatives through door bell. Moments later, Skyes' relatives arrived and hugged her tightly.

Aunt Skye: Thank you for brining her here.

Mom: Ohhh, it's nothing. It's the least thing we could do.

Dad: Not to mention, our son offered us to bring her with us.

Aunt Skye: Thank you so much!

Then Skyes' uncle went to shake hands with Chases' dad as Skyes' aunt petted Chase, which made Skye giggle. Still, Chase and his family needed to go as their journey didn't end. And just when they were about to drive away, Skye called Chase for one thing. As they walked away from adults, so they wouldn't see the couple, she suddenly kissed Chase on lips and he kissed back.

Skye: I love you Chase.

Chase: I love you too Skye. Hope we can meet each other again.

Skye: Me too, thank you for that offer.

Chase: And thank you for trusting me.

Then the couple hugged each other tightly, just like back in Kyiv as they met for first time. Few moments later, Chases' family said goodbye to Skye and her relatives and drove away to Germany.

Skye (smiles): Come back soon Chase.

ONE SHOT DONE!! Hope you will like it! See you soon and stay safe <3