Hint

It was calm evening in Adventure Bay as pups were just having some free time before going to sleep. Rubble, Rocky, Chase and Skye were watching another episode of Apollo the Super pup, but what's more interesting - last 2 pups were laying very very close to each other, saying techically - cuddling, and other pups didn't mind about this. Chase was in deep thoughts though and couldn't focus on watching movie - for 2 weeks already, Skye, wherever and whenever they were would just put her head against his chest and stay like this.

*flashback* 

Ryder and pups just finished the mission with cleaning up the mess after traffic incident. And it wasn't surely a simple mission: with some people being injured and road getting blocked by wrecked cars, Chase was working hard and when pups finished, he just went back to his cruiser and laid beneath it as Skye came up to him and nuzzled his chest, making him blush. Ryder and Marshall noticed this and giggled as German Shepherd was quite stunned: why Skye was doing this?

*flashback end*

After remembering this, Chase thought that maybe it was a misfortune - like she came here to calm him down, that's all. However it wasn't a misfortune already as she did same thing again after another mission.

*flashback*

Pups finished their mission with delivering and installing new water drinking system, which contained a lot of drinking fountains through whole town. It was an idea from Mayor Goodway, who wanted to keep citizens refresh during hot summer days. However, all items of system were gone so it was time for Ultimate Police Rescue, as Mayor Humdinger decided to create his own system by stealing all ordered items for himself. He was stopped and again, Chase did most of main job. When pups were enjoying fresh water as a reward, Skye came up to German Shepherd and nuzzled him again. Ryder, pups and Mayor were quite surprised, then Marshall came up to his best friend.

Marshall: Why's she so affective to you?

Chase: No idea. But... it's quite relaxing, what she does.

Marshall: *giggles*

*flashback end*

Chase then looked at Skye again and sighed - it was definitely relaxing after every single mission, because she really had nuzzled him after every single mission until now. But his words about her nuzzles being relaxing Skye took personally... or Chase thought so. Otherwise, how he can explain her snuggle into him during beach day?

*flashback*

Ryder announced a beach day so Paw Patrol was spending their day-off at shore: Zuma was surfing on kiteboard, Rocky was playing voleyball with Marshall, Rubble and Ryder were doing sandcastle and Chase was just sunbathing and so was Skye. Few moments later, she looked around to see that her friends were on their own and then looked at Chase, who was laying near her on his back. She quietly got up on her paws and carefully laid on Chases' tummy, her head under Chases'. Feeling something on himself made Chase open his eyes and see Skye.

Chase: Umm, everything alright?

Skye: Yeah. Just want to make someone feel relaxed.

She nuzzled his cheek as Chase remembered this mission with Humdinger and trucks with water system. Then he smiled and sighed as his paw took Skyes' paw while Cockapoo kept nuzzling German Shepherd. Rocky and Marshall noticed them in current position and looked at each other.

Rocky: Never thought that Skye was so affectionate towards Chase.

Marshall: I bet she wanna show him how trully she feels for him.

Gladly, or not gladly Chase didn't this conversation as he unbeknownst to himself nuzzled Skye back, making her nuzzle him deeper.

*flashback end*

Even after this moment, the German Shepherd could barely understand, what was Skye trying to show him by this. Sure, he had a little crush on her and was doing well with hiding it from Skye. But wait! Maybe he somehow revealed his affection towards her? Or she was trying to force him into this? "A good talk can give answers to any questions" - with that thought, Chase nuzzled Skye lightly causing her to open her eyes.

Skye: Yes?

Chase: Can we talk?

Skye: Sure.

Few moments later, pups were staying near Chases' puphouse. He knew that he must ask questions nicely so Skye won't get nervous and stressed.

Chase: Skye, I wanna talk about your nuzzles on me.

Skye: You don't like them?

Sadness in her voice made Chase realize that she thinks her affection doesn't work on him. But it did and Chase clearly knew it.

Chase: Of course I like them, Skye. Just... why are you doing this? I quite like it, but I feel that there's must be a reason behind it.

Skye: Ahh, now I understand why do you feel quite stressed during movie.

A little pause appeared between them as Skye decided to open all cards and explain Chase about her moves on him.

Skye: I actually was giving you hints... by these nuzzles. I quite remember all moments when you were worried about me or was acting different while being near me - I just thought that it were your hints about how do you really feel towards me.

Now Chase was mind-blowed: his behavior towards Skye were hints about his feelings to her?? He actually never ever thought about that, never EVER! 

Skye: When I realized it... I decided to try to do the same. Giving you hints about my feelings about you. I hope it will make your puzzle completed.

Chase: Skye... I've never thought that my actions will be something valuable for you... I actually wanted to confess to you in one day. But I guess my hints were good enough to show that I love you.

Just when Chase said last 3 words, Skye was shocked - because she LIKED Chase, not LOVED. But she still decided to say it, hoping that he will understand.

Skye: Chase... I like you, but don't love you.

Chase: Repeat. I... I mean you feel the same way about me right?

Skye: I do, but I quite not ready for actions which are required by love. I'd definitely like to nuzzle you, lick you, hug you, snuggle into you. But not kiss or flirt or sleep together.

Chase: I understand. You don't wanna rush with our feelings.

Skye: Yep!

Chase: Well... *smiles* fine with me!

Skye: Thanks Chasey... Chase!

Chase: Hehe, it's ok. Hug for comfort?

Skye: Sure!

Then two pups hugged each other and nuzzled each others necks. It was the best hint that they like each other and this feeling will grow into something bigger. The end! 

ONE SHOT DONE!! Hope you will like it! Happy winter everyone and stay safe <3