The Price of Becoming Meme

27 July 2022

Meme, you know it, you see it you even heard about it.

Meme has become a staple of a internet culture, it's also even has an impact in our real life society, no matter the times. You'll see those thing around you.

I'm just gonna straightfoward about becoming meme and its consequences, so. No little history about meme from the beginning of humankind.

If you didn't know, back in the day. Around 2000s (Note that i used internet more at late 2000s and near 2010s) Meme could be last 3-4 years, compared to the meme nowadays which only last 2 weeks.  How could modern memes only last around two weeks unlike the old memes?

Back in the day, internet is such a luxury thing, not all people could taste the power of the internet and internet mostly used for the nerds, geeks and likeminded individuals, and now. With rapid growth of phone and internet users from years to years. Everyone have a chance to taste the power of the internet. Even babies could use an internet to watch stupid YouTube Kids video.

The relation between the huge amount of internet users and memes is where internet user eventually become sick, tired and bored with the memes. Or worse, someone making the worst version of the memes in question. So, without any choices. Internet users decided to abandoned the memes, or they can make an alternative version of it.

Seeing meme become dead is not a supernatural phenomenon. People have to move on to other stuff, that's also including memes, like i said. Modern society moved in very fast pace, unlike the back in the day. You might be heard about the basic economy lesson about if individual keep consuming the same thing, they'll get unsastified, i don't know. I hope someone remember about that one.

Memes come in various type, it could be screenshot, edited picture, video clip from various media, etc. Meme used for sake of being funny, make some relatable jokes and many more.

And now, the question is. What would you do if you become a memes? 

 There's an example some peoples becoming meme, such a Quandale Dingle because of his name, Michael Rosen because of his storytelling clip, and even Charlie aka Penguinz0 because of his "Wooo Yeah Baby!!" clip.

I'm gonna started by my own opinion.

I was standing between 'I don't mind' and 'Why does i become a meme?'

If i was a famous person, (Youtuber, author, etc) The peoples who come to my page/channels will only looked at my video or stuff that has the meme on it. They don't care about other stuff i made, and of course this is a problem for me, imagine these potentional followers only care about the memes that accidentaly (Or you really meant it)  created. Of course you'll be sad.

Even though i could get an exposure, and any publicity is good publicity. I still felt it's just not genuine to get followers just because of the memes. 

As i said before, as the time passed by. People will moved on to other stuff, if you're famous because of the meme, you either adapt to 'make' another memes or perish in irrelevancy.

I really don't have any advice of how to deal with this kind of circumstances. especially for those who has the main jobs in the world of internet.

So yeah, you have to acknowledge that your fame as a meme won't last long and you have to aware about that, i hope you're understand. Not only for micro niche celebrity, but also standard internet user, who know you'll become the meme next time!

So be prepared!