Disney Obsession over Live Action is Getting Out of Hand

19 April 2023

Did i missed something while i didn't write the blog? Nah, i already see everything.

You already heard it fellas, Disney making another live action of Moana, oh don't forget, live action of Lilo and Stitch too.

Who didn't see this coming?

The Moana live action just being announce by The Rock himself, so no cast revealed yet or even footage, and people already upset. I also heard that people theorizing why live action Moana getting created is because The Rock need to huff those copium because of the Black Adams didn't go well on box office, and i believe that.

And the worse part? The movie itself still less than a decade ages, like. Who's the audience for this anyway? There's no way people already having a nostalgia over Moana yet, so. Why did Disney bother to agree with The Rock decision?

Oh yeah, money. That's why.

But wait, people hate it already. The project surely gonna be DOA, right? I hope so. Which is mean, Disney will lose more money.

Now, the casting for Lilo and Stitch has been revealed for Nani and David, and people are more MAD! Why? The skin color for both actor isn't match with the cartoon counterpart.

It's so funny most of the complaints are come from the people who defending black Ariel from The Little Mermaid live action, so. How does it feels to taste your own medicine, heh? Hahahah.

All jokes aside, i also upset with these live action nonsense. Disney really do fell off in term of creativity, i remember Disney is just an animation industry, (I know they make live action in the past but it's not that common nowadays) but it seems their catalogue for todays movie is always live action remake, never bother to make the original live action i guess, because to them. Originality is a sin and not very lucrative business type in today's entertainment industry.

 I forget to bring this up, they even erase Cobra Bubble from the original, wow. Disney, how diverse you are for not featuring him on the live action, i wonder why.

The last animation they make was Strange World, i didn't watch it. I watch the review instead, it's just terrible despite it has a potential, the message just barebone and isn't as powerful as Wall-E, go watch Wall-E instead if you want see a movie with environmental awareness, even it's been more than a decade since it's released, it still holds up and aged like a fine wine.

I wanted to bring Lightyear on this discussion as well, but guess what? It flopped just like Strange World. The story of Lightyear is also absolute dogpile, my God. Pixar really do decline along with other Disney's product like Marvel and Star Wars.

Let's get back to live action topic, how about Peter Pan and Wendy? Yeah, everyone hate it as well, i've been speaking about this in my previous blog. I feel like Disney didn't have any concern about this one since this thing will be dumped on Disney+

To everyone who has Disney+, what stuff do Disney offer there? Any original just for that streaming service that isn't absolute steaming turd?

And yes, the Lilo and Stitch live action will be put on Disney+ so Disney can play safe bet and making sure that they don't lose more money. Maybe that just my assumption, i don't know how the economy worked in term of streaming service.

Despite of warning from other company with a shape of box office success such as Puss in Boots 2 and Mario Movie, it seems Disney still hesitant with their business practice, and they still thinking having dick rider from Twitter is also a good thing and also tried to compete so hard for diversity check box list, i wonder who's gonna be the winner, Netflix? Activision Blizzard? Who know.

I think for now, we better not consuming product from Disney, heck. Even visiting their park. I better spend my money over art comission from various artist, Fortnite skins or even Team Fortress 2 items than the product from mega entertainment corporation that called Disney, the Disney we've know has become a shadow of a former itself, and there's no redeeming quality from any Disney branch.

I know that Elemental is the only Pixar movie i would bother to watch since it's remind me of Fireboy and Watergirl, but i feel the hype isn't there, plus i've heard that the story isn't far fetch from Zootopia.

Live action and sequels, something that Disney really addicted with. We all know that Disney doesn't have a good track record when it comes to sequel. Either it's mediocre or just downright horrible.

I encourage you to not watch The Little Mermaid live action when it hit the theatre, whenever you hate watching it or unironically wanted to watch it, just don't. It's only fueling their ego and encouraging them to make more absolute steaming turd product, so. Don't expect good stuff from this big corpo, and let me remind you that they're not your friends, they only want your money and never bother to accept any criticism.

And if you want to be more generous, use your money to support indie artist, animator, author and many more since they put more effort for a story they want to told but unfortunately, most of them just flew under the radar pretty easily, it's either they don't know how to reach the audience despite the social media presence or they just lazy to promote their content, we never know unless you reach those indie creator.